Madden 19

MacReady

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Figured that would be it again, this infuriates me to no end. Me and my brother literally had hunreads of hours of fun with this. We created our rugby team Hornby for it. Put us in as pretty bad players and drafted our way to a good team

Holy ish you’re still posting on ff horny???

PS thanks for deleting me on fb love you too honey

• Like 1

My opinion on the gameplay vid probably doesn’t matter much cause I’m comparing it to madden 17 here but just a few notes:

-definitely looks more fluid. Players aren’t as stiff, looks easier to move around.

-Player physics make more sense from what I saw. Not quite as terrible ragdollness

-the snow looks more realistic which is neat. Cleats coming in contact with it affects it but players rolling through it doesn’t affect it at all so it seems like a step up but not perfection but that’s really a minor complaint lol. 

Sucks the dude played on pro cause that’s not going to give anyone a really good look to see what seems to work on O and D but still, the gameplay does appear to be a bit more fluid and dynamic. 

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Was that game/movie thing from last year any fun or no? 

Bro I just said I never played 18 :0

i watched it on YouTube and it looked okay, the story wasn’t groundbreaking but still was kinda neat. My biggest problem with it was the story ended right after getting drafted and doesn’t carry on like in nba 2k and others lol. So all the people that sunk hours into it learned it was all for nothing. The best you could do was use the guy’s player model whatever when you make your own player. Wasn’t a continuation, just the same old my player mode with a different skin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Haha nothing personal, I deleted most people I don’t actually now in real life, still some to go. My Facebook was way to clouted 

I always liked that some dude from New Zealand was more involved/interested in US politics and goings-on than any of my US friends hahaha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't have a problem with it.  I mostly watched the first video - Cowboys vs Eagles in the snow.  The game looks good to me.  I think part of it is, how much better can they really make graphics in these games?  It's like the NBA games are the same way.  They can't really make them that much better, thus, they pretty much look the same every year.  Ima actually watch the video again right now to check out the movement.

9 hours ago, showtime said:

In that Cowboys vs Eagles video, the guy spent the entire time literally only running to the outside lol.  I really wanted to watch how a running back runs inside and if they get caught on their offensive lineman.  That's the #1 thing I dislike so much about Madden this gen so far.  However, finally, at around 7:52 in the video he ran up the middle.  Instead of getting caught up on his offensive line, Zeke 'pushed' him out of the way and continue to go forward.  I wonder if that's consistent or just a random animation and sometimes they still get stuck.

If that is consistent, I will buy the game today.

I disagree about the movements. I feel like they've gotten progressively worse over the years, but maybe that's just recency bias on my part. 

Some of the main things I'll be looking for when I pick up the demo:

• How do "fast" linebackers feel in space? Do they feel athletic and fluid, or do they feel clunky and slow like they have the past couple of years.
  • Will mobile QB's actually feel that way, or will they get chased down by everyone again this year?
  • How does zone and man coverage play against certain routes that have historically shredded them? Do ratings matter?
  • Will defenders begin to anticipate and cut off routes that have been ran excessively on them?
  • Will your lead blockers identify people to block who are right in front of them? 
  • Will we be able to design our own edge pressures again, or is the OL logic still completely broken where the C can hike the ball and simultaneously take 3 full steps to his left/right to block a DE even though you have a DT lined up right on his face?
  • Will elite NT's actually take up 2 blockers, or will the game still consistently have just the Center blocking a 3-4 NT 1v1 like it's nothing?

Ultimately I'm less concerned with graphics and movement animations, or animations in general, than I am with actual gameplay and how the game functions mechanically.

• Like 1

That gameplay of the guy usering the Cowboys in the snow... that was garbage. Not the gameplay, but that is how the guy wants to release as early footage? Running outside every play on Pro? That showed us literally nothing

7 hours ago, Tyty said:

Bro I just said I never played 18 :0

i watched it on YouTube and it looked okay, the story wasn’t groundbreaking but still was kinda neat. My biggest problem with it was the story ended right after getting drafted and doesn’t carry on like in nba 2k and others lol. So all the people that sunk hours into it learned it was all for nothing. The best you could do was use the guy’s player model whatever when you make your own player. Wasn’t a continuation, just the same old my player mode with a different skin. 

Sorry, I have selective reading disorder. Lol

Well that's stupid.

10 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

That gameplay of the guy usering the Cowboys in the snow... that was garbage. Not the gameplay, but that is how the guy wants to release as early footage? Running outside every play on Pro? That showed us literally nothing

Agreed.  I think he was trying to mainly showcase the new touchdown celebrations, but the game play was bad.  He's not really that good at the game, though, so I didn't go in expecting much.

15 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

How do "fast" linebackers feel in space? Do they feel athletic and fluid, or do they feel clunky and slow like they have the past couple of years.

This was one of my first post ever in the Madden 18 thread.  User-ing linebackers is really stuff and slow.  It's really difficult to cover ground.  You see a guy running free and you know your opponent is going to throw to him, but changing directions is such a pain.  This wasn't really a problem in the Xbox 360/PS3 version of the game, so I'm not sure why it is now.  I'm guessing the physics engine they're using this gen is causing a lot of these problems.

As far as secondary players zone and man coverage, that will probably never change.  There's always going to be zone and man beating routes.  I don't really have an issue with all that because if your opponent is killing you with something in particular you can user stop it.  However, because user is so clunky and stuff it makes it hard to actually utilize it properly.

8 hours ago, showtime said:
23 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

How do "fast" linebackers feel in space? Do they feel athletic and fluid, or do they feel clunky and slow like they have the past couple of years.

This was one of my first post ever in the Madden 18 thread.  User-ing linebackers is really stuff and slow.  It's really difficult to cover ground.  You see a guy running free and you know your opponent is going to throw to him, but changing directions is such a pain.  This wasn't really a problem in the Xbox 360/PS3 version of the game, so I'm not sure why it is now.  I'm guessing the physics engine they're using this gen is causing a lot of these problems.

As far as secondary players zone and man coverage, that will probably never change.  There's always going to be zone and man beating routes.  I don't really have an issue with all that because if your opponent is killing you with something in particular you can user stop it.  However, because user is so clunky and stuff it makes it hard to actually utilize it properly.

In past Madden's you could user a linebacker and take a lot of risks. Now you have to play a lot more conservative because if you guess wrong on a Jason Witten Y route, or a RB route in the middle of the field, you're toast. It is certainly more realistic because changing direction takes time and it takes into account agility and acceleration, but it makes it less fun.

My ideal situation is for the COD to come into play in the "simulation" mode, and arcade and competitive can have more fluid linebackers. Does that make sense?