Madden 19

MacReady

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Just watched the gameplay trailer. Looks...cartoony?

Every year they release these cinematic gameplay videos which look nothing like the gameplay you or I will ever see. The intent is more to show how the specific changes in the game will affect certain plays. I.E. Barkley not running into his OL’s back and then the DL getting a hand one him while being blocked and not being able to take him down. 

I think one of the things I read that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere else is the added ratings. They are adding short, medium and deep route running ratings for WRs and also adding power and finesse pass/rush/impact blocking for OL 

On 5/27/2018 at 10:44 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Custom draft classes are really nice, but if thats the biggest addition to CFM (which I can almost guarantee it is), I will not be buying it.

Until coaches mean something in franchise mode, its a joke.

But hey, at least MUT was improved for the mindless sheep MUT players. 

They do, If you don't know how to play the game. Your team is screwed. You have always been the coach....

They need to fix pass defense for starters. You can have an absolute loaded secondary and good pass rush and you'll still get burned through the air a decent amount of time. Along with runners breaking 10 tackles for a 90 yard score. 

One thing I miss from the old games is the ability to create your own plays from scratch and playbook as a whole.

9 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

They do, If you don't know how to play the game. Your team is screwed. You have always been the coach....

Except Im not talking about human controlled teams.

Im talking about CPU controlled teams within franchise mode.

Coaches have no real impact on their teams.    Coaches (good or bad) should have huge affects on every aspect of a team...and they simply do not.   They should have an impact on how players progress and regress, how they approach free agency and the draft, how players respond to them, how good their teams are in certain situations, etc....   

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Apparently, there will be a PC version this year.

That would make me EXTREMELY happy....if the game was better.      Too many flaws that even the best modders cant fix.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Some good stuff in here. I like the attributes and the outside/slot CB/WR differentiation. Hopefully it completely changes how teams draft and sign FAs. And subs/depth charts should be a lot better too.

It's a modest step in the right direction, I'm not sure why they removed "slow" development, and I do hope it's true they tweaked the draft stories so it's not super easy to grab multiple superstars/quick development guys in the draft.

With Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 coming out, it's hard to imagine me buying this game this year. Maybe if the Dolphins are like 6-2 midseason and actually get some player ratings love; they're the lowest rated team in 18 right now and playing online head-to-head with them is brutal.

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That would make me EXTREMELY happy....if the game was better.      Too many flaws that even the best modders cant fix.

Please. I'm sure modders could turn this into a pretty neat game. 

10 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Please. I'm sure modders could turn this into a pretty neat game. 

There is only so much modders can do.    I have no doubt they can do some cool things, and maybe when the price dips and some great mods come out, I might buy it on PC, but as of right now, I dont really have any intention of buying Madden 19 even when it goes on sale....unless there is something major unveiled that we havent heard about yet....which I strongly doubt. 

Draft day has been reworked to feature a new draft location, complete with a stage with a crowd and a cityscape in the background. When you draft a player, you’ll see that model come out on stage and even strike a pose.

Finally.. after how many decades? This is standard for like every sports game. EA.. always 30 years behind the standard. Cool to see it finally in though, negativity aside. 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:37 AM, BayRaider said:

Finally.. after how many decades? This is standard for like every sports game. EA.. always 30 years behind the standard. Cool to see it finally in though, negativity aside. 

Unless they fixed prospect ratings and the scouting system, this is just fluff IMO.