Madden 19

MacReady

Just now, Danger said:

Cus the dude hasn't been in his prime for 15+ years. 

If I wanted to play with Jerry Rice in his prime I'd be playing Madden 99. 

And in no world has Jerry Rice and Odell Beckham Jr ever been on the field at the same time. Its just.... fanservice, for lack of a better word, and its cringe.

There are people who love to play with their favorite all-time players.  That's pretty much in every sports game, isn't it?  I know in NBA 2K you can play with Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, etc.  For Madden, I would love to create my dream secondary featuring Ed Reed and Charles Woodson.  That would be awesome.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk man I like the idea of having guys like that on the field. All I want to do is play Madden with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field again with updated graphics. I don't wanna have to go back to Madden 08 for that.

The other issue that this sort of thing brings is power creep. It makes the current stars less prolific in the... meta, I suppose. They become just another guy.

It's to each their own, but the whole layabout of Madden Ultimate team sucks IMO.

I want a truly deep, accurate, realistic online franchise mode. That considers everything that truly goes into managing a team, but since they can't monetize that they half *** that sort of experience as well as the technological hiccups you see in the physics/AI for years on end now. 

This is published by a company that only cares about how they can make the most money, and since they can get more money out of those who buy it instead of wanting to make a better game that would sell more copies, I won't be buying the game.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The other issue that this sort of thing brings is power creep. It makes the current stars less prolific in the... meta, I suppose. They become just another guy.

The thing I hate is every year they introduce the same legend cards. There's always a Barry Sanders, or Deion Sanders, or Tony Gonzalez, or Night Train Lane, etc. etc. - no versatility whatsoever.

They do introduce cards that have current players rated the same as those legends, though. It's just later on in the year. But I mean yeah there's problems with MUT, but I'd rather play MUT and build my own team than rely on their garbage ratings for current players outside of MUT that change every week.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On the positive side, they are releasing pack odds this year for MUT. It's a tiny baby step, but it's something.

https://www.muthead.com/forums/madden/mut-discussion/1373999-ea-will-disclose-pack-odds-in-madden-19

There's no way to hold EA accountable for this.  If they say Elite player odds is 1:5, and I open 5 packs and don't get one, then what?  I can't get my points/$$ back.  

Just now, Danger said:

MUT is literally updated every week.  For example, lets say that Malcolm Jenkins as a week in real life where he gets four interceptions in a game.  He will have a special card made that upcoming week that will be absurd and will be valued very highly.  Another example is Lane Johnson has a signature series card that is crazy.  He's arguably the best lineman in MUT even though there are awesome legends.

Just now, carrolljcmc said:

There's no way to hold EA accountable for this.  If they say Elite player odds is 1:5, and I open 5 packs and don't get one, then what?  I can't get my points/$$ back.  

Yeah idk, maybe it will just deter people from opening certain packs now that they know what the odds are. Plus, I would think the way to think about it is that each time you open a pack, you have a 15% chance to get an elite player. Just because you bought 5 packs doesn't mean you're 100% guaranteed to get an elite player. It just means that each pack contains a 20% chance to get an elite player.

2 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

If they say Elite player odds is 1:5, and I open 5 packs and don't get one, then what?  I can't get my points/$$ back.  

That's not how probability works.

The chances of you obtaining something that has a 20% chance in 5 attempts is only about ~63%

P = 1 - (1 - Success)^A
P = 1 - (1 - 0.20)^5 = 67.2%

Lets say it's 10 attempts

P = 1 - (1-0.20)^10 = 89.3%

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I want a truly deep, accurate, realistic online franchise mode. That considers everything that truly goes into managing a team

Okay so, this is very interesting.  I'm a fan of Madden and I literally do not want them do put that in online franchise.  In an online franchise, I just want to play games.  I enjoy talking trades, signing free agents and doing the first few rounds of the NFL draft, but I don't want to actually manage a team.  If this was in a offline franchise, then that's fine.

From my perspective, I'm glad this type of stuff isn't the game.  I know many people here want it, but I would rather them constantly improve features that involve head-to-head online playing.

Just now, showtime said:

Okay so, this is very interesting.  I'm a fan of Madden and I literally do not want them do put that in online franchise.  In an online franchise, I just want to play games.  I enjoy talking trades, signing free agents and doing the first few rounds of the NFL draft, but I don't want to actual manage a team.  If this was in a offline franchise, then that's fine.

From my perspective, I'm glad this type of stuff isn't the game.  I know many people here want it, but I would rather them constantly improve features that involve head-to-head online playing.

So why not make the best of both worlds and enable toggle settings when making an online league? It's not hard.

e.g.

"Pre-Draft scouting - [ON]/OFF"
"Player scheme fit effectiveness - ON/[OFF]"

It's not hard.

Just now, Danger said:

So why not make the best of both worlds and enable toggle settings when making an online league? It's not hard.

e.g.

"Pre-Draft scouting - [ON]/OFF"
"Player scheme fit effectiveness - ON/[OFF]"

It's not hard.

I don't have any evidence for this, but I'm assuming most people who play in online leagues just want to play the game.  In many leagues I have been in (NBA 2K included) many people don't even want a share of admin duties.  If they put all that stuff into the game, a decent amount wouldn't even use it because it's too much time.  

Like I said, I could see people who are doing OFFLINE franchise investing in all that, but normally things that are online - playing is the huge priority.  If I played in a league where the commissioner turned any of that stuff on, I would leave the league. 

10 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Yeah well, that's not how odds work.

Archived