Madden 19

MacReady

I just saw the best WR prospect I've ever seen Madden generate..

6'5, 223 

A+ mid route

A catch

A short route

4.48 40 

40" vert

Projected......mid 1st round ?

Ended up going 6th overall and was an 86OVR out of the draft.

90 speed, 91 acc, 95jmp, 99 mid route:o, 90 catch, 90 short route... Only downside was his deep route was only a 78.

Was really tempted to try to trade up and get him even though i didn't really need a receiver.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I just saw the best WR prospect I've ever seen Madden generate..

6'5, 223 

A+ mid route

A catch

A short route

4.48 40 

40" vert

Projected......mid 1st round ?

Ended up going 6th overall and was an 86OVR out of the draft.

90 speed, 91 acc, 95jmp, 99 mid route:o, 90 catch, 90 short route... Only downside was his deep route was only a 78.

Was really tempted to try to trade up and get him even though i didn't really need a receiver.

Damn.  Do you remember his dev trait?  

I drafted a similar, but not quite that loaded, receiver #2 overall yesterday.  He was 81 overall.  6’5 220ish, 92 speed, 94 jumping, 94 spec catch. His accel, agility, route running stats were all in the low 80’s, though.  He does have break tackle in the 80’s, so that should be fun.  Red Zone Threat, but he only had quick dev.  

I didn’t need a receiver either, I just couldn’t pass him up ?.  I have Odell on one side, and then a former 5th rounder, with Star dev, who is basically an 87 overall Mike Wallace.  

I thought I was getting Calvin, but he might be closer to Keyshawn, with a little more speed.  He’s only 21, so the window for him to improve is pretty good.

Edited by jyod21

1 hour ago, jyod21 said:

Damn.  Do you remember his dev trait?  

I drafted a similar, but not quite that loaded, receiver #2 overall yesterday.  He was 81 overall.  6’5 220ish, 92 speed, 94 jumping, 94 spec catch. His accel, agility, route running stats were all in the low 80’s, though.  He does have break tackle in the 80’s, so that should be fun.  Red Zone Threat, but he only had quick dev.  

I didn’t need a receiver either, I just couldn’t pass him up ?.  I have Odell on one side, and then a former 5th rounder, with Star dev, who is basically an 87 overall Mike Wallace.  

I thought I was getting Calvin, but he might be closer to Keyshawn, with a little more speed.  He’s only 21, so the window for him to improve is pretty good.

He had the Superstar trait, I already had 3 young receivers over 80ovr or I definitely would have tried to trade up (which I rarely ever do in Madden)

Downloaded this last night in a moment of weakness. Will be jumping in for the rest of the day after a couple errands.

Cant decide if I wanna dive into MUT or Franchise first. I’m almost 100% a franchise guy but I’ve tried getting into MUT the last 3 games. Removing contracts might’ve been what it takes to mke that mode stick with me 

21 minutes ago, Dome said:

Downloaded this last night in a moment of weakness. Will be jumping in for the rest of the day after a couple errands.

Cant decide if I wanna dive into MUT or Franchise first. I’m almost 100% a franchise guy but I’ve tried getting into MUT the last 3 games. Removing contracts might’ve been what it takes to mke that mode stick with me 

I've never really tried MUT and tried it a little bit when I bought this one and don't really like the way you have to grind to upgrade the cards... Then do Yu-Gi-Oh style fusions to make more powerful cards.... It just seems silly to me.

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Undoubtedly I'll have to switch at some point... I just don't want to.

I said the same thing and I wish I would've switched to Windows 10 a year ago. It's so much better than Windows 7.

----------------------------------------

Also, I went into MUT last night and realized I had like 10 unopened packs. I got like 5 elite players, a bunch of coins and training and all sorts of goodies. Even opened a Justin Tucker. It's just too bad there's literally no PC market right now and EVERYTHING is either extremely rare or extremely overpriced. 

30 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I've never really tried MUT and tried it a little bit when I bought this one and don't really like the way you have to grind to upgrade the cards... Then do Yu-Gi-Oh style fusions to make more powerful cards.... It just seems silly to me.

It can definitely be silly. But it’s a good change of pace from franchise for me. 

59 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I think it's a lot better than previous years, specifically with regards to styles. Previously you had to mold cards into whatever style you wanted to get the bonus. Now you can just have an all-Ravens roster and train those cards to have different styles to fit your team. I like that A LOT better.

It's yet to be seen though how much grinding I'll have to do to get my cards past like Tier 10 because once training starts to cost like 500 points per card, that could be burdensome.

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I said the same thing and I wish I would've switched to Windows 10 a year ago. It's so much better than Windows 7.

----------------------------------------

Also, I went into MUT last night and realized I had like 10 unopened packs. I got like 5 elite players, a bunch of coins and training and all sorts of goodies. Even opened a Justin Tucker. It's just too bad there's literally no PC market right now and EVERYTHING is either extremely rare or extremely overpriced. 

Yeah I had a bunch of packs too, probably because I've had the same EA Origin account linked to multiple Madden's so you got legacy packs or something. 

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah I had a bunch of packs too, probably because I've had the same EA Origin account linked to multiple Madden's so you got legacy packs or something. 

Yeah I had like 10 team packs, a bunch of legacy packs, training packs, elite packs...a crap ton of packs.

Just now, flyers0909 said:

That's kinda why I'm leaning towards getting this for Xbox rather than the PC.  

Yeah if you play a lot of MUT, PC isn't gonna be for you because there is nothing here.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Appreciate you. Which of these would you recommend overall? 

Depends on the type of QB you have, I think. I tend to want to scramble with my QB more, so I roll with Carolina's playbook. But if you're a pocket passer, I think Houston/Baltimore is good for running but New Orleans has a lot of good shotgun plays.