2017-18 College Football Scouting (Page 2)

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We brought him in and another RB like him.  Could be Bates saying get be an explosive back for my offense that I can use.  haven't had a guy like that since LT (past his prime) or Leon Washington.

Yeah, he'd be an excellent complimentary back.  He also has kick return ability and is excellent as a receiver out of the backfield.  I can see us taking him, carrying 4 RB's, and using him as our return man.  Could likely be had in the 6th or so.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, he'd be an excellent complimentary back.  He also has kick return ability and is excellent as a receiver out of the backfield.  I can see us taking him, carrying 4 RB's, and using him as our return man.  Could likely be had in the 6th or so.

I doubt Rawls makes the team honestly.  Think he was mainly a camp body and unless he just plays out of his mind he'll likely be cut.

I could see 4 backs like you said especially if one is a PR/KR type guy. 

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I doubt Rawls makes the team honestly.  Think he was mainly a camp body and unless he just plays out of his mind he'll likely be cut.

I could see 4 backs like you said especially if one is a PR/KR type guy. 

I can’t see Powell and Rawls making the roster.

The Jets have 84 players under contract. Presumably 6 more players will be drafted and you have to believe they'll get a couple of UDFA. At least 35 players under contract today won't be on the Jets 53 man roster. They are bringing a lot of competition.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I can’t see Powell and Rawls making the roster.

Powell is better than Rawls so I figured Powell says and Rawls goes.

Crowell, McGuire, Powell, speed back with PR/KR ability

That's my best guess at the moment

On 4/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, Rockice_8 said:

Powell is better than Rawls so I figured Powell says and Rawls goes.

Crowell, McGuire, Powell, speed back with PR/KR ability

That's my best guess at the moment

They sign Andre Roberts for that.  Powell should be a secondary returner.  No problem.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Since it is published on April 1 my apologies if it is already posted.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/1/17185862/nfl-draft-qb-ball-placement-analysis

Nice read. I think some of these numbers backup the scouting reports and film. Like Rosen being very accurate while in the pocket but not being as accurate on the move. 

I'm a bit surprised at Falk's numbers. I wouldn't have expected him to score so poorly on the short to intermediate throws. 

Lauletta though. That guy, in the right system, could be a good starting QB.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cant see us passing on Nwosu if he's there in Round 3. Leader and versatile. I'm thinking one of him Sweat or Armstrong will be available for that pick.

I’d run from Long Island to Dallas to turn the card in if Armstrong was there

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Nice read. I think some of these numbers backup the scouting reports and film. Like Rosen being very accurate while in the pocket but not being as accurate on the move. 

I'm a bit surprised at Falk's numbers. I wouldn't have expected him to score so poorly on the short to intermediate throws. 

Lauletta though. That guy, in the right system, could be a good starting QB.

I wish it included attempts so I get better picture. Oh well.  It is interesting.  Rosen and Lauletta had run through different offenses and they made everything workable. Mayfield only played one offense. umm.

26 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I really want Dorance Armstrong for this defense, but I know for whatever reason he won't be our pick at #72. It stinks. 

I won't think about 3rd too much but I can see Jets go to another direction like IOL or DE.  

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I recently did a recap on some of the UGA late round prospects Trenton Thompson, Reggie Carter, and Bellamy. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of them at some point. 

If Thompson is healthy and there aren't many questions about character, he should go higher. He's a R2-3 talent, but again, could fall due to other concerns. Would fit in nicely here. 

Archived