Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Exactly. I am very glad to have Dorsey's football knowledge on board (I think), but I hope he doesn't go completely the other way on trades and not recognise value when it's there to be taken.

I think it’s completely feasible we can could get Darnold and Chubb and have 3 1st next year. Lamar Jackson being there at 33 is key. I truly believe Jax’s sells house. 

20 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think it’s completely feasible we can could get Darnold and Chubb and have 3 1st next year. Lamar Jackson being there at 33 is key. I truly believe Jax’s sells house. 

Easily.  I think there are a LOT of teams who would give a future 1st for picks 33 or 35.  Straight up though. 

Some of the better teams would probably give a 3rd back this year.  

I would personally rather deal them straight up to teams I think have a great chance to suck. 

27 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I don't think Jacksonville will be a player at all.  If they want him at 33, they're going to take him at 29, and have the 5th year option, and hold onto their later picks.  

That isn't to say that they couldn't come up for someone else, but I don't think they'll come up for a QB at all.

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

I don't think Jacksonville will be a player at all.  If they want him at 33, they're going to take him at 29, and have the 5th year option, and hold onto their later picks.  

That isn't to say that they couldn't come up for someone else, but I don't think they'll come up for a QB at all.

Good thing about 33 is it gives every team an entire night and day to wrack their brains over the prospect on their board that they can't believe is still there.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Good thing about 33 is it gives every team an entire night and day to wrack their brains over the prospect on their board that they can't believe is still there.

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

If Jacksonville wants a QB (like Jackson) and New England hasn't moved up ahead of them using some of their 2nd rounders, I have to think they take him at 28.  They don't want to let this slip into the 2nd round and get into a bidding war with the Pats.  The Patriots have a great deal more ammo to work with in order to complete a deal.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This would make the most sense, but plenty of QB’s have gone at the top of round 2.

how long as the 5th year 1st rd pick option been in place? Im not sure when it became a thing. I think over the past 5 years only 2 QBs have been selected in the beginning of the 2nd rd or close to it. Carr and Geno Smith. I think if its close, its smarter to trade up into the 1st for a QB

Archived