Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

How are Manziel and Mayfield even remotely alike? Manziel played like a chicken with his head cutoff. He would hijack the offense and break down plays and do whatever the hell he wanted. 

Mayfield ran the offense more fluidly and perfect than any college QB I've ever seen. 

To use NBA players as an example, Manziel was Allen Iverson, Mayfield was Steve Nash. 

I think the only Manzielish trait I see from Mayfield is the cocky behavior that for whatever reason rubs some people raw.

I liked JFF as a prospect, but I like Mayfield a lot more. Mayfield is better at pretty much everything.

Spoke to my co-worker with the Browns network moments ago. Reaffirmed some things, but to hear it from an employee of the Browns certainly supports the cause.

Two things, I asked him if he believed Hue when Jackson said no decision has been made at QB..."Not in the slightest."

And, I asked him where he thinks the Browns stand in their rankings at QB:

1. Darnold

2. Baker Mayfield

Also reiterated that the organization is not as high on Allen as many think.

So not much in terms of new developments here, but what do you expect with nine days to go?

I think it is comical that Hue Jackson thinks that they haven't made a decision because Dorsey hasn't inform him yet. Dude, who the F do you think you are that you deserve to know? I believe Hue Jackson wasn't being truthful in his answer but I believe it is simply because Dorsey has purposely not included him in the decision yet. I also believe Hue had minimal to no factor in the decision process.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the only Manzielish trait I see from Mayfield is the cocky behavior that for whatever reason rubs some people raw.

I liked JFF as a prospect, but I like Mayfield a lot more. Mayfield is better at pretty much everything.

If Mayfield were a WR or LB everyone would love the guy's cocky attitude. It has something to do with the QB position. Fans for some reason believe all franchise QBs should be some emotionless robot.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dude's an analytical wet dream. DePodesta probably fantasized about numbers like Baker's.

Just now, bosko1616 said:

Sashi would have been glowing with Baker Mayfield

Very possible.

I mean, if we’re being honest there isn’t one objective measurable metric where isn’t at the top of this class, at least based on production.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed. Mayfield is a faaar more polished passer and much better at making reads from the pocket/going through progressions. Manziel was a better playmaker outside of the pocket.

Outside of their height and little man syndrome cocky behavior---they are nothing alike as far as quarterbacks.

12 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Mayfield is where Donald will be in two years. So why take Darnold you ask ? Because Darnold could develop past what mayfiekd is. Mayfield is what he is and he’s already peaked 

Imho, Mayfield has the lowest ceiling for this very reason.

12 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

What I’m trying to say is Darnold can be just as accurate and have the same production as mayfield with two years of quality coaching and experience under his belt. But with more potential. He’s bigger. Faster. Stronger. Just as durable. I’d say better arm. Maybe not as advanced football IQ wise yet but he can get there. Honestly I think Darnold as the potential to be Rodgers good. Where as mayfield is mayfield. What u see now is what u get. It’s not a knock. I just don’t see him becoming more then what he is. Like mayfield reminds me of Jeff Garcia. 

Agree.

More than a few commentators have opined that Mayfield will have to have a system designed around him to be successful in the league.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Imho, Mayfield has the lowest ceiling for this very reason.

Agree.

More than a few commentators have opined that Mayfield will have to have a system designed around him to be successful in the league.

Put him in St. Louis or New Orleans and he’s a pro bowler. Just my opinion 

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Sashi would have been glowing with Baker Mayfield

Speaking of analytics and Sashi/Depo wanting to explode over Mayfield. Months back when I did my own investigating I found what an analytical turd DeShone Kizer was and it made me think that it must have been a Hue Jackson pick for sure. Fast foward to 5 weeks ago and John Dorsey shipped Kizer off to Green Bay. I believe it was because he wanted his guy in here and no threat of Hue's guy around. The two things together 100% tell me that DeShone Kizer was a Hue Jackson pick all the way but like everything else he fails at he won't man up and take the blame.

If Sashi were truly running the show all on his own and not listening to his coaching staff then DeShone Kizer would have never even been in consideration for a pick even in the 7th round. He was an analytics dumpster fire.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed. Mayfield is a faaar more polished passer and much better at making reads from the pocket/going through progressions. Manziel was a better playmaker outside of the pocket.

Outside of their height and little man syndrome cocky behavior---they are nothing alike as far as quarterbacks.

I agree. Manziel thrives off chaos and making plays out of nothing. Mayfield thrived and knowing the entire offensive system and just surgically destroying a defense. Mayfield can thrive in an offense, Manziel couldn’t.  Manziel’s greatest plays were the free style crap, Baker not so much

Archived