Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

I truly believe we need to start accepting Dorsey might Trade #1 to buffalo. From all reports hear in buffalo they’re in love with Rosen. 12,22,53,53,65 and future picks maybe 1 and 4 or 2 and 4 for 1 would be my asking price. 

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I have both Allen and Mayfield ahead of him, he and Rosen are lumped together from a Browns perspective, and I am not sure that either of them are higher than Jackson on my board.  

So you pretty much have it completely backwards.

Fascinating.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So you pretty much have it completely backwards.

Fascinating.

Not at all, easy reasoning, Taylor is fine to play 2 or 3 years if we select Allen, the most physically gifted QB, so that Haley and the coaching staff can work on developing him.  The best, most ready to play now QB in the draft I think is Mayfield.  Big deal if he is 2 inches shorter than "the prototype", he is accurate, with a good arm, smart, a leader of men, and is supremely confident.  Rosen is ok, but I don't detect that competitive fire.  He is not up for maximum challence.  Comparing he and Mayfield, Rosen said I dunno I would rather go lower in the draft to land in the right situation.  Mayfield said if anyone can turn the Browns around, its me.

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Darnolds far from perfect prospect. He,Rosen, and Mayfield a virtually interchangeable to me. Allen is stuck 4 

I have Mayfield head and shoulders above all others if they have to play sooner rather than later.  Allen closes the gap big time if he gets to sit and learn for 1 to 3 years.  His arm, size, and athletic ability are no joke.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I truly believe we need to start accepting Dorsey might Trade #1 to buffalo. From all reports hear in buffalo they’re in love with Rosen. 12,22,53,53,65 and future picks maybe 1 and 4 or 2 and 4 for 1 would be my asking price. 

If we could get a haul for 1 and then trade up to two from 4 it would be amazing. 

Id we got a future 1st I would be happy to trade some change  4and 22. To move up some spots.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Done, sounds great.

I made my peace with a trade down this year years ago.

If we trade down from #1, I'm going to FREAK OUT. How many times will this regime PASS on a #1 QB option? How long is it going to take before people learn. Freaking draft your #1 QB and do whatever you want with Pick #4.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

If we trade down from #1, I'm going to FREAK OUT. How many times will this regime PASS on a #1 QB option? How long is it going to take before people learn. Freaking draft your #1 QB and do whatever you want with Pick #4.

Oh ish lol, I though we were talking about 4.  

We’re not trading 1, stop it @bosko1616

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh ish lol, I though we were talking about 4.  

We’re not trading 1, stop it @bosko1616

Yeah I thought your comment was out of character for someone who loves Darnold as much as me...

I always knew you were on the trade 4 train, and rightfully so, but #1 would’ve been something else!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Might be time to focus on 2nd round RBs.

Rashaad Penny is my guy.

Missed this earlier, but Penny is growing on me.

No to many boxes he doesn’t check.

Size, speed, production, versatility.... he can play. Wouldn’t be totally shocked if he doesn’t make it to 33.

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

No. I'll never accept that. If Rosen makes it to 4 and Buffalo wants to move up, I'll listen then for 12,22 and other 1-3 round considerations this or next year

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Missed this earlier, but Penny is growing on me.

No to many boxes he doesn’t check.

Size, speed, production, versatility.... he can play. Wouldn’t be totally shocked if he doesn’t make it to 33.

I know some knock him for being an upright runner and not having a ton of wiggle, but I think he’s good. For a big dude, he actually moves laterally well when pressing the line, then finds his gap and explodes through it. He’s also one of the all-time returners in college football so he knows how to be shifty. Solid in the receiving game too as he proved by housing the catch out in the flats at the Senior Bowl.

5’11, 226, 4.49... and an Aztec...!

Archived