Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Two reactions:

1 - Brett Kollman made a D&D reference (rolling a natural 20)! Nerd alert!

2 - Prime Nnamdi Asomugha. Yes please. So much yes.

My ideal scenario for awhile now has been QB1, trade down with Buff for 12-22-65-future 1, get Oliver and Landry in the first, Moore and Guice/Jones/Michel in the early 2nd, developmental tackle and BPA in the 3rd.

Has save my Hind Parts MORE than once.......

I'm Just Saying......Hell lets get into the Spirit......Roll Saving throw vs Asinine Trade for OBJ!!!!

3d076951-1e70-4d07-9f49-cdbf81ff9a47.jpg

Yeah I really do like Chubb but man that Bills trade would just be too good to turn down

I love Oliver and Landry or Davenport 

plus that first in 2019 wow gotta do that 

I’m actually hoping Giants go Chubb to make this trade down that more realistic

7 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m cool with Chubb. But I think of it like this. Reverse it and see how I feel:

If I were the Buffalo Bills, would I trade 12, 22, 53 and a 2019 1st for Chubb?

No way would I give all that up for a pass rusher.

So flip that. If we can get those picks instead of Chubb, I’m all about that.

I strongly believe Chubb can be an elite DE. Pairing up Garrett and Chubb would be an amazing marriage.

Im not excited about gathering pick after pick, Browns have been doing that for years. I want them to stop passing up on top tier talent, just so they can gain an extra pick or two. The played they get at 12 or 22 wont nearly make the impact like Chubb IMO. 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I really do like Chubb but man that Bills trade would just be too good to turn down

I love Oliver and Landry or Davenport 

plus that first in 2019 wow gotta do that 

I’m actually hoping Giants go Chubb to make this trade down that more realistic

I think the Giants going QB is better, it drives up the value because there is fewer QBs on the market. Potentially it could force denver to pay a decent price to move up one spot or force a team to try and jump denver for the last top tier QB in the draft. 

44 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

No idea who this guy is or whether it holds any weight. If it did, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for a LT like McGlinchey. Dorsey said he believes in taking one every year.

If the browns can walk out of the draft with their first 3 picks being Darnold Chubb and McGlinchey. It might be the best draft in browns history. 

Franchise QB

Franchise LT

2nd bookend franchise DE to pair up with the other franchise DE

dirty thoughts right there

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the browns can walk out of the draft with their first 3 picks being Darnold Chubb and McGlinchey. It might be the best draft in browns history. 

Franchise QB

Franchise LT

Pair a franchise QB with any two bums and it’s arguably the best draft in franchise history.

I know there isn’t a soul on the board who doesn’t know where I stand on this, but Jesus I hope we trade down from 4.

I get the Chubb/Barkley love, but it’s such a great opportunity to build this same level of draft wealth for next year and the year after.

If we were giving the pick away without some compensation this year I’d get the resistance, but we’d get a pick in the top 15 back in return with just about every proposed deal I’ve seen.  

If it were me, and BUF called about the pick, I’d ask for 12, 22 and a second next year. There should be a stud available at 12 most likely (4 qb’s, James, Ward, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Edmunds, Vea, Minkah, Davenport, Guice). When 22 rolls around I’m looking for a team to offer next years first, and a third this year.

With those moves we’d still have 4 top 35 picks this year, 6 top 80-90 picks as well as 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year.

Having 4-5 first and second rounders every year is a real possibility, at least for the next few years.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know there isn’t a soul on the board who doesn’t know where I stand on this, but Jesus I hope we trade down from 4.

I get the Chubb/Barkley love, but it’s such a great opportunity to build this same level of draft wealth for next year and the year after.

If we were giving the pick away without some compensation this year I’d get the resistance, but we’d get a pick in the top 15 back in return with just about every proposed deal I’ve seen.  

If it were me, and BUF called about the pick, I’d ask for 12, 22 and a second next year. There should be a stud available at 12 most likely (4 qb’s, James, Ward, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Edmunds, Vea, Minkah, Davenport, Guice). When 22 rolls around I’m looking for a team to offer next years first, and a third this year.

With those moves we’d still have 4 top 35 picks this year, 6 top 80-90 picks as well as 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year.

Having 4-5 first and second rounders every year is a real possibility, at least for the next few years.

Yeah there's no reason we can't hold ourselves in a dominant draft position over the rest of the league for years to come. Obviously we have to use the number one overall on the QB, but it works out perfectly that the 4th pick is a huge power play this year. That pick can be exchanged for multiple firsts including a next year first. So on and so forth, for years to come.

Not every first rounder is going to hit, that's a given. So we probably aren't going to find ourselves in a critical situation where we have to let great players walk when it comes to second contract time. We have tons of cap already to stay ahead of the curve. And the first rounders that we do bring in will be rookie deals for five years if need be.

I also get the call for just taking the great prospect like Chubb when he is available. But it's somewhat shortsighted in my opinion, especially when compared to what you can get. 12, 22 and a 2019 1st? I'll take my chances.

That 2019 1st coming from Buffalo alone would offer us a solid chance of landing someone like Bosa, Oliver, Wilkins, Ferrell next year, if you assume a combination of Mccarron/Allen aren't pulling up trees next year. Two losses to TB12 just to begin. And that's without yet considering the work that can be done with 12 and 22.

Chubb vs Edmunds, Bryan and Bosa.

Easy decision. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Franchise QB

Franchise LT

No time for dirty thoughts.

04d709b35637b50f377f30347cfbe9ca--colorf

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So I have a bit of a draft crush, Jordan Mailata.

Kid is a 6’8, 345lb 20 year old rugby player trying to become a pro football player.

Check out the build and movement skills of this freak.  

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/american-mason-cox-is-an-australian-rules-football-huma-1777972113

Would be a fair trade.  Here's an American playing Aussie Rules Football.  Pretty good player.  On a terrible team.  

I'll take this opportunity to "pimp" what is ostensibly my very own thread on FF.  Take a few minutes and check this stuff out.  Great action.  Lots of hitting and some terrific athleticism.  :)   

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The browns don’t need draft wealthy or top tier draft capital. They need top tier talent. Plain and simple. 

We complain every year about the GM trying to our smart everyone and win the draft with trades and deals. 

It be great for once that the browns did the obvious thing like taking the best defensive player and winning the draft because they took top tier talent

Archived