Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've decided to take the @NateDawg approach for the remainder of the draft process.

I'll go into the draft fully expecting them to knock it completely out of the park and draft a bunch of studs/future Pro Bowlers. I'll be completely optimistic and in fully Charlie Brown trying to kick the football mode and enjoy the next 2 weeks.

When the inevitable disappointment/disaster comes, at least I'll have enjoyed the last couple of weeks.

See, I have the opposite approach....go in expecting the worst and no matter what, it is better than you thought it would be :)

5 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

See, I have the opposite approach....go in expecting the worst and no matter what, it is better than you thought it would be :)

That's me every year. I always still get angry/disappointed. I'm trying something new this time around.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I heard the same about Savage, Farmer, Heckert, Sashi...should I go on?

Except for Wentz and Watson the last two years. ;)

This is where you're supposed to disagree with me and talk me off of the ledge.

Dorsey is the first legitimate GM we’ve hired. Those other guys had little to no experience. 

Agree with Wentz, you guys know I was screaming to high heaven to take him at 2. Watson I don’t agree with. Not a whole lot of people thought he’d go high. Btw he hasn’t proven jack. Let’s wait to see what defensive coordinators have in store for him when they take away his strengths. Btw Watson wasn’t exactly an accurate qb coming out. 

Me, @brownie man and @LETSGOBROWNIES have tried to talk you guys off the ledge, it’s not working. Trust me it won’t be Allen, it will be Darnold. He’s the best of this class and I have to bet that smarter football guys than me have to see it too. 

And puppies

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Dorsey is the first legitimate GM we’ve hired. Those other guys had little to no experience. 

Fair, unless Dorsey messes up. In which case, he'll epitomize the dumb GM and old school football guy stereotype/mentality.

Agree with Wentz, you guys know I was screaming to high heaven to take him at 2.

Yes, this I remember. He's a stud. That said, if you're going to argue about Watson, let's see about Wentz until he comes back healthy from a MUCH WORSE knee injury. ;)

Watson I don’t agree with. Not a whole lot of people thought he’d go high.

I was the biggest Watson fan on the planet, I think most know this.

Btw he hasn’t proven jack.

That's ridiculous. The guy played 7 games, had a 2-1 TD to INT ratio, completed 61.2% of his passes, and helped his team win games/put them in a position to win games. There's a reason that they went from "good" to "horrible" as soon as he went down.

Let’s wait to see what defensive coordinators have in store for him when they take away his strengths.

I'll agree. I'd give him a full 1-2 other seasons until he proves it a little longer.

Btw Watson wasn’t exactly an accurate qb coming out. 

This is outrageous. He completed 67.4% of his passes. He was extremely accurate. The only questions about Watson were his turnover prone playing style coupled with what many believed was just an average NFL arm.

Me, @brownie man and @LETSGOBROWNIES have tried to talk you guys off the ledge, it’s not working. Trust me it won’t be Allen, it will be Darnold. He’s the best of this class and I have to bet that smarter football guys than me have to see it too. 

I hope you're right. However, if we go Allen, I'm going after all three of you dudes. :)

And puppies

tenor.gif

Puppies make me feel better.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Fair, unless Dorsey messes up. In which case, he'll epitomize the dumb GM and old school football guy stereotype/mentality.

Yes, this I remember. He's a stud. That said, if you're going to argue about Watson, let's see about Wentz until he comes back healthy from a MUCH WORSE knee injury. ;)

I was the biggest Watson fan on the planet, I think most know this.

That's ridiculous. The guy played 7 games, had a 2-1 TD to INT ratio, completed 61.2% of his passes, and helped his team win games/put them in a position to win games. There's a reason that they went from "good" to "horrible" as soon as he went down.

I'll agree. I'd give him a full 1-2 other seasons until he proves it a little longer.

This is outrageous. He completed 67.4% of his passes. He was extremely accurate. The only questions about Watson were his turnover prone playing style coupled with what many believed was just an average NFL arm.

I hope you're right. However, if we go Allen, I'm going after all three of you dudes. :)

Puppies make me feel better.

I don’t know how to do that fancy pancy quote stuff but I’d like to just address one point, the completion percentage thingy. As I’ve stated in here aplenty I’m not a fan and it’s be of the worst stats in college football.  When you watch him last season he was not accurate, if you want we can call it bad ball placement. Clemson, Baylor, Hawaii Oklahoma etc etc etc you can’t use stats to back how good a qb he is. They all inflate stats out the wahzoo. In fact that’s why a gave Watson an incomplete if I liked him or not. If we drafted him I would have been ok, if we didn’t same. I was all in on Trubisky and Mahomes. Meh we’ll see who’s right over time. Oh and:

puppies.gif

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t know how to do that fancy pancy quote stuff

Just hit enter twice, and it will break it into nice segments like this.

but I’d like to just address one point, the completion percentage thingy. As I’ve stated in here aplenty I’m not a fan and it’s be of the worst stats in college football.  When you watch him last season he was not accurate, if you want we can call it bad ball placement.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this synopsis and did at the time as well. I thought that he was able to show tremendous accuracy and anticipation in his entire career, and it showed last year in the 7 games that he played.

Clemson, Baylor, Hawaii Oklahoma etc etc etc you can’t use stats to back how good a qb he is. They all inflate stats out the wahzoo. In fact that’s why a gave Watson an incomplete if I liked him or not. If we drafted him I would have been ok, if we didn’t same. I was all in on Trubisky and Mahomes. Meh we’ll see who’s right over time.

If you look at this throw against elite competition/defense, you can see his anticipation and ball placement:

deshaun-watson-touchdown-pass-2-against-

Here's a nice zoomed in view. Right over a linebacker and where only his guy can get it.

This is about as accurate as you can get on the run.

FrightenedWatchfulJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

And this one downfield was beautiful as well:

deshaun-watson-touchdown-throw-against-a

Oh and:

puppies.gif

I like puppies.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Just hit enter twice, and it will break it into nice segments like this.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this synopsis and did at the time as well. I thought that he was able to show tremendous accuracy and anticipation in his entire career, and it showed last year in the 7 games that he played.

If you look at this throw against elite competition/defense, you can see his anticipation and ball placement:

Here's a nice zoomed in view. Right over a linebacker and where only his guy can get it.

This is about as accurate as you can get on the run.

FrightenedWatchfulJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

And this one downfield was beautiful as well:

deshaun-watson-touchdown-throw-against-a

I like puppies.

Yeah that’s a couple nice throws. I still remember his receivers helping him out quite a bit. 

Thanks on the tip I’ll have to try it out. 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yay Darnold!

And as for Allen, I'm almost hoping for him to fall down some stairs and break his leg, which is a lousy thing to wish for.

alright chill

we want him as healthy and impressive as possible so that way hes either there at 4 to trade down or he goes top 3 making sure those impact players are pushed down 

Archived