Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

Rewatched from Lions game onward, and also last few weeks of Landry and Tyrod. I like that this team has players at every position that have proven themselves. Puts pressure on the coaches.

Lesean made so many plays in Buffalo but between Duke, Njoku, Landry, Gordon, Coleman and a solid OL I think Tyrod/#1 overall have what is needed to succeed. 

Need both speed and to play fast on defense. I'm interested to see if Burgess earns more time. Wouldn't be surprised to see Roquan or Edmunds as the pick in a trade down.

Hoping we can go defense heavy in draft. Establish a strong rotation of DL and add speed at LB/CB.

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I have feeling it’s Chubb if he there. 

I hope so but if Chubb is there because 3QBs went 1-2-3, a lot of teams are going to call up because you know the last potential top tier QB will be gone to Denver. So either the browns get a serious buttload from a team outside the top10 or that Denver pays a nice little penny to trade up one spot. I pray it’s Denver. 

Or Denver is dying to trade up and Dorsey picks up the phone call from the Broncos. Dorsey picks up the phone and tells Elways you killed the Browns in the 80s, you killed my Packers in the 90s, and were a pain in my butt while at KC...with all due Respect, Mr. Elways you can go pound salt. Dorsey then  trades to a team paying out their backside for a trade up lol

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I have feeling it’s Chubb if he there. 

Absolutely... I think it's Chubb at 4 followed by Denzel Ward on the board... and Barkley 3rd surprisingly to most fans...

There are really 3 drafts... The draft at 1... the draft at number 2.. and what becomes of the draft after those selections... the Giants control our draft tremendously... if they go Chubb I really wonder to what extent that causes us to entertain trades down from 4... It's going to be fascinating to watch... and by fascinating potentially miserable depending on what we do at 1.

The New York Giants reportedly believe former Penn State running back Saquon Barkley is a "near-perfect prospect" and that "he's a better player than Ezekiel Elliott," according to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post.

"I thought all along this is the guy [Giants general manager Dave Gettleman] wants," an NFL scout who knows Gettleman told Schwartz. "And he might get him, if Cleveland is dumb enough not to take him at No. 1."

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The New York Giants reportedly believe former Penn State running back Saquon Barkley is a "near-perfect prospect" and that "he's a better player than Ezekiel Elliott," according to Paul Schwartz of the New York Post.

"I thought all along this is the guy [Giants general manager Dave Gettleman] wants," an NFL scout who knows Gettleman told Schwartz. "And he might get him, if Cleveland is dumb enough not to take him at No. 1."

Scouts are so dumb 

they just want to get their name out there

Browns dumb enough not to take him at 1 

people just want to get on Twitter

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Scouts are so dumb 

they just want to get their name out there

Browns dumb enough not to take him at 1 

people just want to get on Twitter

I mean more power to them, go ahead and take Barkley at 2 it guarantees us Chubb at 4 lol

If the Browns come away with Darnold/Mayfield and Chubb i will be doing cartwheels down the street after 15 beers.

The idea of the Giants taking Saquon at 2 in a RB rich draft whereby if they pass on a QB, they may not be in position to take one at the top of the draft for another 5 to 8 years....is kind of crazy

The Giants will not have a top-2 record again that aligns with a top QB draft class for quite some time, especially if they select Barkley and Eli remains the starter. They will fall into 6 to 8 win purgatory as the talent on the roster ensures just enough wins to screw themselves out of a top QB...that is, unless they have a tank year or two that aligns with top QBs coming out of the draft.

They lost 3 games based on late game collapse and sometimes in the final minute or else they would be picking 6th or 7th this year.

They cannot afford to pass on Josh Rosen because Josh Rosen's not as Matt Waldman says a Q-bot..

Rosen will go to the Jets and haunt the NYG fan base for years to come...

Granted if NYG has similar concussion or durability concerns like the Browns do with Rosen...I can understand, but I can't see how any of these QB-needy teams dont take a swing at the plate...

It's Bradley Chubb, Josh Rosen at 2, or trade down for NYG... if NYG don't like Rosen then I see them trading down but with tears in Gettleman's eyes as he has to let go of the idea of getting Chubb (Gettleman loves good Dlineman) in order to get the value for the trade

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I just think he is in for a rude awakening in the NFL when he encounters real pressure and real pockets. Georgia second half.

Still threw for more TDs in that second half than Darnold in his whole bowl game.

23 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Giants about to take a Rb at number 2 and never be in a position to grab a top QB again for the next 10 years will sit at 7-9 and 9-7 for a decade. Smart. 

They may never play themselves into that position but they can easily trade up like the Rams and Eagles did to get their franchise QB. If you like a QB enough, it’s worth it to trade up for them. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

They may never play themselves into that position but they can easily trade up like the Rams and Eagles did to get their franchise QB. If you like a QB enough, it’s worth it to trade up for them. 

They still have holes right across their team though. 

Trade up for qb’s rarely are cheap. It would robbing Peter and Paul to pay John.

Archived