Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

Just sign a #1 CB and call it a day. Anything after that is just gravy for me.

This is where I’m at.

I hope they don’t go looking for splashes, that’s a fools game in free agency when you’re in our position. Fill some holes with starting talent and get ready for draft day.

If we can just sign a GOOD CB in free agency and perhaps even a GOOD DT in free agency, anything else is gravy. I really hate the idea of trading Shelton and then drafting a 1 Tech super high. I honestly wouldn't hate the idea of:

1. Darnold

4: Trade back, draft Denzel Ward.

We'd double up on CB, get our bridge QB in Tyrod, and draft our QBOTF in Darnold. I'd love a franchise game changing RB, but right now that's a bit of a luxury and Barkley will probably be gone by 4 anyway.

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Any interest in Marqise Lee at WR

Not from me.

I’d target Pryor.  I think he works well with Hue, provides a red zone target, and should come relatively cheap.

Gordon - Landry - Pryor - Coleman - top 64 pick 

That’s a nice start to a WR corp if you ask me.

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we can just sign a GOOD CB in free agency and perhaps even a GOOD DT in free agency, anything else is gravy. I really hate the idea of trading Shelton and then drafting a 1 Tech super high. I honestly wouldn't hate the idea of:

1. Darnold

4: Trade back, draft Denzel Ward.

We'd double up on CB, get our bridge QB in Tyrod, and draft our QBOTF in Darnold. I'd love a franchise game changing RB, but right now that's a bit of a luxury and Barkley will probably be gone by 4 anyway.

I agree with this. Don’t forget we can get a really good rb in the second round. Perhaps one that can have a better career than Barkley. 

Archived