Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

I may have got the figure wrong. But the overall premise applies I think. He doesn’t want to move his family and there’s a hometown discount thing going on. They also win all the time and Brady loves him.

I can’t see it personally.

I hear ya, I’d prolly do the same if I was happy and would be set for life financially either way.

THIS is why I’d dislike free agency for us right now.  Anyone coming here is coming here solely for money.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya, I’d prolly do the same if I was happy and would be set for life financially either way.

THIS is why I’d dislike free agency for us right now.  Anyone coming here is coming here solely for money.

Yeah I agree. Particularly the higher tier players that would come from successful teams. Solder’s child has been unwell so I can’t imagine he really wants to uproot him. 

I like players like Pryor for us because they have a point to prove. He went away and flopped, but we know what he can do for us. And he should be relatively cheap.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah I agree. Particularly the higher tier players that would come from successful teams. Solder’s child has been unwell so I can’t imagine he really wants to uproot him. 

I like players like Pryor for us because they have a point to prove. He went away and flopped, but we know what he can do for us. And he should be relatively cheap.

Pryor and Johnson would make for a good day. I pray JT comes back for one more year 

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why?

He liked playing for Williams and didn’t look nearly as good last year.

Perfect match imo.

I feel more confident in signing Johnson more so then Solder. Hearing Pryor and the Ravens might be talking. I don’t like that 

I also am not upset if they don’t sign anyone big the first day. Free agency comes in waves. They might want to wait for the 2nd wave. Get the players who will be more of a bargain and then finish the roster off with the draft. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I also am not upset if they don’t sign anyone big the first day. Free agency comes in waves. They might want to wait for the 2nd wave. Get the players who will be more of a bargain and then finish the roster off with the draft. 

I feel a lot of it is seeing which corner will set the market

Corners haven't started coming off the market yet.  I'm not afraid until they do.

We have our FS, we have our QB, we  have one of the better WRs...

I'm okay now waiting for the second wave of WRs and seeing what else is out there.

When corners start to get signed and we aren't being mentioned that's when I will get a little nervous...

52 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He might not want to uproot his child but moving to the city that has the Cleveland Clinic and Rainbows Babies might ease his mind a little bit

7 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'd be happy with Breeland at CB and Pryor at WR. It'll allow us flexibility with our picks. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

How good is Breeland?  My understanding was as far as true #1 CBs, Johnson, Butler, Fuller, Gaines were all above him.

We need all the help we can get, I'm just curious what people have seen?

Archived