Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

I think this is a good signing. Not crazy expensive for an OT. Think he plays RT and JT comes back for one more year. The dude was very solid when called to action for Pitt. Clearly Haley knows him well. I like Coleman but I believe this is an upgrade for now. 

Just now, nugpimpen said:

I think this is a good signing. Not crazy expensive for an OT. Think he plays RT and JT comes back for one more year. The dude was very solid when called to action for Pitt. Clearly Haley knows him well. I like Coleman but I believe this is an upgrade for now. 

Who in the hell are you

Just now, bruceb said:

Seems like most everyone we are signing is 25-26 YOA

It’s like they are bring in guys who are in their prime football years. 

It’s weird we are so use to signing past their prime players.

i think our NFL talent evaluators are flexing their muscles. IMO they are bring in a lot of good young, established talent. 

When dorsey said he was going to bring some football players, he wasn’t lying

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I think this is how things will shake out: if Joe retires, Hubbard is LT til we draft a suitable replacement, and after we draft that guy, Hubbard competes against the rookie and coleman for a tackle spot.

I hate he idea of moving an established RT to LT. 

I think Hubbard is the new RT. Coleman wasn’t good at all last year. I actually have no problems with Drago at LT and seeing what Rod Johnson has. I think Drago got better with each game. 

I still think Joe Thomas comes back. If he wasn’t, I think they would of went after an established LT

1 minute ago, nugpimpen said:

Daddy's home :ph34r:

Missed you guys. I still read all the time but my job is way busier than the old one so I don't post as much. Trying to be more active now

Welcome back. So you no longer pimpen nugs?

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Another person who dislikes Coleman? I really don't get it. Dude was nothing special last year but was far from bad. He was pretty average, IMO.

He was a lot closer to bad than he was good. 

He is the kind of player Dorsey talked about. He wasn’t really a football player, he was still a project type player with high potential. 

Dorsey has brought in legit threats for him. Either time for him to crap or get off the pot 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I still think Joe Thomas comes back. If he wasn’t, I think they would of went after an established LT

Rumored that we still are after Solder.

I am beginning to wonder whether we want JT back.

Ok these guys are pretty much scrubs I think, but a couple still be good.  Even if they are the 52nd and 53rd best guys on the roster, they will have pushed a couple of lesser guys off of the team, which in turn makes the team better.  Even if it is just a marginal amount.  Also, plucking players from division rivals.  I have read that cinci wanted to keep smith.  As others have said, Haley knows Hubbard and was likely in their ear for that signing.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Give me Carlos Hyde and Trumaine Johnson and I am happy with not signing anyone else.  Maybe a WR but we still have 5 picks in the first two rounds 

Would love to see Hyde here. He seems like the ideal back that Dorsey likes

Archived