Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just now, duke2056 said:

Overblowing it much??  Geeze.

Actually, no.  Being a leader of men is a common trait among all successful NFL winning QBs.  A QB that has no confidence in himself can not instill that quality into his team mates.

I don’t want this to be misconstrued I think Darnold has All pro potential he has fantastic tools sure some mechanical things need work but what QB doesn’t making a jump from college to pros. I just have Darnold,Rosen, and Mayfield pretty much interchangeable. Or close enough we’re we can take any one of them and I’ll be happy. Darnold though I think needs atleast two years to sit. Rosen and Mayfield are much closer to starting. So with that said I’m fine with taking Darnold as long as we have Taylor and he doesn’t sniff the field till 2020

19 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I am fine letting another team take that risk myself.  I actually want the Browns to win games, make the playoffs, and be contenders year in and year out.

So what, you prefer the guys who say they never have doubts and think they are all hot ****??  Rather high percentage of those guys flop.  

Maybe you prefer he says he will wreck the league??

Leaders can admit their faults.  

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Actually, no.  Being a leader of men is a common trait among all successful NFL winning QBs.  A QB that has no confidence in himself can not instill that quality into his team mates.

So yes, you ARE overblowing it.  You are taking a comment he made and extrapolating it into something it's not.

20 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I am fine letting another team take that risk myself.  I actually want the Browns to win games, make the playoffs, and be contenders year in and year out.

Explain to me exactly how that happens.  I remember it occuring in my youth, but it has been quite a while.  If we win lots of games, we get to play again, after most of the league goes home?  Do you mean kind of like how the Patriots and Steelers have done it lately?

Just now, duke2056 said:

So what, you prefer the guys who say they never have doubts and think they are all hot ****??  Rather high percentage of those guys flop.  

Maybe you prefer he says he will wreck the league??

Leaders can admit their faults.  

No, I prefer guys that are genuine, but also confident.  Those that are supremely confident in themselves, and have an unmatched competitive fire and will put in whatever work is necessary to win.  Not a guy that shys away from throwing at the combine simply to not be shown up by his peers.  

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Explain to me exactly how that happens.  I remember it occuring in my youth, but it has been quite a while.  If we win lots of games, we get to play again, after most of the league goes home?  Do you mean kind of like how the Patriots and Steelers have done it lately?

The Steelers and Patriots neither accomplished that by drafting a QB with shaky confidence, wonky throwing mechanics that is unwilling to change them, and has questionable decision making at times at #1 overall.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

No, I prefer guys that are genuine, but also confident.  Those that are supremely confident in themselves, and have an unmatched competitive fire and will put in whatever work is necessary to win.  Not a guy that shys away from throwing at the combine simply to not be shown up by his peers.  

Do you also prefer a guy who completely dismisses what his agent tells him to do?  

Do you actually think that just because he SAID he lost some confidence that he isn't a confident guy?

Good god, this is sickening.  DOne with you and this, wow.  You are kinda insane

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

Do you also prefer a guy who completely dismisses what his agent tells him to do?  

Do you actually think that just because he SAID he lost some confidence that he isn't a confident guy?

Good god, this is sickening.  DOne with you and this, wow.  You are kinda insane

Yeah, how silly of me to believe that the guy lost confidence playing the college game, just because he himself said that he lost confidence in himself.   How insane of me!

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Mental toughness, its a thing :-)  so are good throwing mechanics and decision making for that matter.

Ehh I think your critique of Darnold is a bit extreme. His mechanics don’t translate to poor accuracy or a slow delivery so his mechanics not being technically sound doesn’t bother me too much because he has the arm talent to make it work. And as far as him losing confidence it never showed in his play on the field so not to worried about that either.

1 minute ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Ehh I think your critique of Darnold is a bit extreme. His mechanics don’t translate to poor accuracy or a slow delivery so his mechanics not being technically sound doesn’t bother me too much because he has the arm talent to make it work. And as far as him losing confidence it never showed in his play on the field so not to worried about that either.

Em... except that he was using the loss of confidence to explain an increase in interceptions.  So yeah, it kind of did.

8 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I wonder if Dorsey considers trading a pick or two for an established LT

Considering the draft class at OT, I wouldn’t rule much out. Far easier to find a decent starting OT already on a roster or in FA then doing so in this draft. 

Archived