Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not a bad beginning, yes?

Oh, yes. Landry was the so-called jewel, to be sure, but I was really hoping to get out CB #1 situation solved in FA, but the chances on Randall and the Chiefs ' DB may work out. It's hard to tell. But I definitely felt a foundation being laid on upside second-contract players rather than veterans with only a few seasons of effort left.

Hubbard,Stephenson, and Carrie signings were the ones I disliked the most Hubbard has physical limitations as far as starter goes at RT plus that’s a lot of money for a backup same for Carrie a lot of money for a backup. Stephenson is the worst signing out of the bunch he make John st Clair look good. 

I really hope we get one of Fuller or Mathieu that would really be the icing on the cake for me. Maybe Pryor on a 1 year. Suh I rather stay away from he’s too much money,30 years old and probably won’t be here when we start getting good. Rather just stick with what we have. 

Mid love Dee Ford as a rotational end 

1 minute ago, bosko1616 said:

Hubbard,Stephenson, and Carrie signings were the ones I disliked the most Hubbard has physical limitations as far as starter goes at RT plus that’s a lot of money for a backup same for Carrie a lot of money for a backup. Stephenson is the worst signing out of the bunch he make John st Clair look good. 

I really hope we get one of Fuller or Mathieu that would really be the icing on the cake for me. Maybe Pryor on a 1 year. Suh I rather stay away from he’s too much money,30 years old and probably won’t be here when we start getting good. Rather just stick with what we have. 

Mid love Dee Ford as a rotational end 

Why do you think Hubbard and Carrie are backups when they both got $40 mil contracts?

hubbard is our starter at RT and Carrie will probably be the #2 for now.

12 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

McGlinchey will be gone in the Top 15 but we could trade up for him.

Williams is hot garbage as a OT prospect. Least penalized player in NCAA was such a sham. The guy lunges and grabs on nearly every pass set.

Wouldn't touch a WR before 65. Only Moore and Ridley are even worth Top 45 selections and they will be long gone.

Would want more than #12 and #22. That is not even remotely fair in comparison to the last 4 trade up for franchise QBs and they all moved up from a lot closer in the draft than 12.

IMO McGlinchey is NOT an NFL left tackle. Way too stiff and upright, not enough bend to his game. He reminds me of a better, but not better enough, Conor McDermott from UCLA in last years draft.

I believe 12 & 22 is everyones starting off point when we talk about the Buffalo trade. Obviously, it will probably include one of their 2nd round picks this year and a 1st rounder next year. Something like that.

Id argue that Anthony Miller and Courtland Sutton are worth top 65 picks as well. 

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re ignoring him putting together the worst combine performance ever, literally, what good is the combine at all?

His fat arse is going to get abused when he starts playing grown men who won’t get knocked around so easily.

Grown men with good bend and leverage will eat his lunch, because thats the only thing he ll be protecting.

57 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Why do you think Hubbard and Carrie are backups when they both got $40 mil contracts?

hubbard is our starter at RT and Carrie will probably be the #2 for now.

Carrie was god awful on the outside he’s been a career slot guy. Which is fine but when we already have BBC what’s the point ? Depth sure okay. Hubbard is short for a RT if you ask me plus how much of his decent play was munchak ? Will that go away now that he’s not his position coach ? I just think they were backups on their respective teams for a reason. 

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

To pilot my generational gap status on this site, I'm resorting to exclusively pre-2005 gifs for the remainder of the off-season.

@LETSGOBROWNIES are you with me?

1975 - 1995 were the glory days of pop-culture. Then the Browns moved, thus causing American culture to spiral into an abyss of crap-flavored garbage. Although, when I was a kid, I woulda killed for movies of X-Men, Avengers, Transformers, etc... imagine it: lil FatGerman, drinking Surge,  chewing on Fruit Stripe gum, listening to Nirvana, reading Wizard magazine, watching Boy Meets World and salute your shorts, quoting Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters(we came, we saw, we kicked its ash) dreaming of Topanga Lawrence and Kelly Kapowski, wishing my friends were more like Zack Morris and less like Screech.    

9 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

He played it in college I believe. Some think he can, I fall into that group. Some think he can’t and cite that we didn’t move him to LT after Thomas’ injury as proof. 

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/joel-bitonio?id=2543737

This pre draft profile suggests whilst he is undersized, he is versatile enough to play anywhere. The arm length is OT length, right?

Slide him over if he can do it and get Nelson after a trade down, I’d be all over that.

33 and 7/8 arms, basically 34 inch arms. Thats tackle length. Joes arms were 33.75, so they were shorter. Actually, Joel had equal or better numbers all through the combine. I never knew that til now. Id see if he was down for the switch, and if he said yes, give it a shot.

4 hours ago, duke2056 said:

So yes, you ARE overblowing it.  You are taking a comment he made and extrapolating it into something it's not.

extrapolate, good word use. Raising the vocabulary level of the forum I see. Not satisfied with the sophmoric vernacular we currently employ? 

To quote the great German thinker, Nietzsche: eat me ;)

Archived