Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Shaq? Yes.

Galette? Absolutely not.

Galette's days of being an effective pass rusher are over. I don't think he's better than Nassib or Chris Smith.

He came off of injury, he 's 29 and still more confident that Galette can get to the QB than I am of Nassib. But I was just floating those names out there

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wow buffalo got AJ for nothing. I would have rather signed him for that then give up a 3rd for Taylor. 

I get this school of thought, but I personally believe that McCarron wouldn't sign here knowing that we would FOR SURE be drafting his replacement at #1 overall. In Buffalo they may still draft a guy, but both teams were out of options. It makes sense for him to go to Buffalo.

I feel like we knew that Tyrod was here on his 1 year deal, he wouldn't turn it over, he's a stopgap option, and he's a guaranteed veteran that we were going to get no matter what instead of rolling the dice in free agency.

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What was the rumor on this? Who wanted McCarron again? I can't ever remember which moron wanted to make what bad choice.

Hueball was in Hee-haw’s ear about not having fair talent to win games. Hee-haw forced the nerds towards getting Hueball the guy he wanted and was familiar with (McCarron) with minutes to go at the deadline. Our nerds then (might have) sabotaged the agreed upon deal of a 2/3 for him due to a signing error on the paperwork. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wow buffalo got AJ for nothing. I would have rather signed him for that then give up a 3rd for Taylor. 

Taylor is going to make a bigger impact for this team than McCarron. I can see Taylor being a better leader on the field and in the locker room. He just carries more clout too because he has a darn good resume. 

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Taylor is going to make a bigger impact for this team than McCarron. I can see Taylor being a better leader on the field and in the locker room. He just carries more clout too because he has a darn good resume. 

Also, Taylor is a known entity at this point where A.J. is not.

For all we know AJ blows.  Taylor, for all of his faults, does not.

Archived