Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

46 minutes ago, Tully305 said:

Apparently we're now trading McCourty to NE with a 7th for a 6th 

Its the draft equivalent of finding a penny on the sidewalk and picking it up.  We moved the very first pick in round 7 for the next to last pick in round 6 (excluding any comp picks that may be in that round, I am not sure.)

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Couple of things.

- Dorsey mentioned how he loved seeing Thomas helping Coleman yesterday in the building. That seems like the LT route they are going.

- Randall reiterated that he’s here to play free safety.

True, but I also think things change and move quickly in the NFL.  We will see.

56 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Couple of things.

- Dorsey mentioned how he loved seeing Thomas helping Coleman yesterday in the building. That seems like the LT route they are going.

- Randall reiterated that he’s here to play free safety.

Sounds like it, and when I mentioned it before people acted like it wouldn't happen.

Maybe Coleman won't be the long-term future at LT, but it's worth giving him a shot. This year's draft class sucks for tackles in general, but especially left tackles. I think Coleman will at least be okay for this season, and maybe he can even prove to be the long-term answer there.

I don't think we're done anywhere. Especially at safety. We gave up late picks and Kizer for Randall, if we can upgrade that he isn't necessarily a starter. I could see us adding a WR. Coming back to Earth a bit now that AR-15 is signed I wouldn't mind bringing Pryor back on a cheap deal. Really hope we add depth at DE and along the line in general.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Sounds like it, and when I mentioned it before people acted like it wouldn't happen.

Maybe Coleman won't be the long-term future at LT, but it's worth giving him a shot. This year's draft class sucks for tackles in general, but especially left tackles. I think Coleman will at least be okay for this season, and maybe he can even prove to be the long-term answer there.

Yeah I don’t get the hostility. He played LT in college so he would actually be moving back to his natural position. 

Tho a trade down and taking Conner Williams intrigues  me too. If his knee is fine I think he’d be a good get. 

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don’t think the class is great for tackles but I think you could get a legit starter. I like McGlinchey, Brown, and Parker (6’7 300+ 35in+ arms) a tackle for NC A&T. 

Archived