Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I am not trying to exacerbate anything, I am simply pointing out real issues.  It may not go along with what you want to hear, that does not make it any less real.  Reality, it can be your friend once you openly embrace it.

Real issues? Lol they seem like real reaches to me. If Darnold had suddenly became captain checkdown ala Cody Kessler and refused to take chances or just looked visibly shaken at any point last season I’d be worried but that wasn’t the case. And again as far as his mechanics go they aren’t extra terrible and don’t hasn’t been a hindrance to his game so far

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Reality:

Mayfield is short by NFL QB standards and not a prototype in the Wolf/GB framework.

He also has character concerns, which is another black mark in the same.

The Big 12 hasn't produced any star QBs largely because of the O systems used in that conference that produce inflated stats, like Mayfield's.

He is a punk.

Go place a bet on his being our pick if you are so confident that you are right.

Confidence = being a punk.  Now talk about exacerbating!  Yes, he is not prototype height.  Neither is Drew Brees.  A couple of inches in height is negligible, or in his case, less than one and a half inches.

I never said I am confident that he will be the pick, I said he is the best pick if we are looking for someone to start sooner than later, and I said that Allen is the best pick to sit and learn.  I said that Darnold is a highly flawed prospect.  Do not put words into my mouth, k :-)

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Confidence = being a punk.  Now talk about exacerbating!  Yes, he is not prototype height.  Neither is Drew Brees.  A couple of inches in height is negligible, or in his case, less than one and a half inches.

I never said I am confident that he will be the pick, I said he is the best pick if we are looking for someone to start sooner than later, and I said that Allen is the best pick to sit and learn.  I said that Darnold is a highly flawed prospect.  Do not put words into my mouth, k :-)

Dude, all I did was shoot back the same kind of shat (although more factually based) against Mayfield that you shot against Darnold.

Not putting words in your mouth.

Just suggesting you pursue your Mayfield love offline in a way designed to support or refute it.

Lol unfortunately blocking people introduces schizophrenia. ?

Ok so far it sounds like someone thinks Darnold has no confidence and he’s not a top qb prospect?  Am I getting this right?  

And I’ve googled Darnold loses confidence and can’t find anything. Can someone show me the context of this nefarious notion?

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so far it sounds like someone thinks Darnold has no confidence and he’s not a top qb prospect?  Am I getting this right?  

And I’ve googled Darnold loses confidence and can’t find anything. Can someone show me the context of this nefarious notion?

Lol I did the samething and couldn’t find anything not sure where that came from but certainly doesn’t support his play on the field 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

SHOW ME CONCRETE PROOF OF SOMETHING A YEAR INTO THE FUTURE, RIGHT NOW!  Boom, all credibility lost.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Dude, all I did was shoot back the same kind of shat (although more factually based) against Mayfield that you shot against Darnold.

Not putting words in your mouth.

Go place a bet on his being our pick if you are so confident that you are right.   <----- your exact words, and I never said that.  That is the very definition of a lame and feeble attempt at putting words into my mouth.

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Lol I did the samething and couldn’t find anything not sure where that came from but certainly doesn’t support his play on the field 

Yep. Looks like defenses caught up to him in the beginning of the year, Darnold adjusted and began creaming teams again. Lost confidence?  Anybody can go back and see the delineation of bad back to good. 

Anybody ever get a mosquito loose in your house?  You’re just sitting there watching TV and you hear that high pitch sound in your ears. Perhaps even get bit. Next time with your peripheral vision see something flying aimlessly. Yeah that’s me right now in FF. 

8 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Go place a bet on his being our pick if you are so confident that you are right.   <----- your exact words, and I never said that.  That is the very definition of a lame and feeble attempt at putting words into my mouth.

No, it is a way of telling you that I no longer wish to engage in any conversation with you on this topic.

Notice title of thread. Go back to talking about the thing this thread is about.

If you want to talk about QB's in this draft take it over to the entire thread we have on that exact subject.

Just now, bruceb said:

So, what do y'all make of all these acquisitions?

I like most, I just wish we could have landed a stud or 2.  Overall they make our roster stronger.  They should bump a lot of non roster worthy guys off of our final 53.  Get Suh, Honey Badger, and Pryor and I am thrilled.

Archived