Why I’m trading up for Bradley Chubb

brownie man

17 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

the reason I do not trade up for chubb is because next years class is so deep

there could be 6 dl that rate out better than chubb

I’ll give you that 

I love the 2019 Dline class there are some Hofers in it 

and the reason I made the other post is just to show finding Pass rushers in Free agency isn’t as easy as people make it out to be 

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’ll give you that 

and the reason I made the other post is just to show finding Pass rushers in Free agency isn’t as easy as people make it out to be 

I also think it would cost a number 2 to move up

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, brownie man said:

I’ll give you that 

I also like the idea of drafting lineman every year.

Some times just quality weight training brings out the best in lineman like how good is the strength coach western michigan

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Chubb looked REALLY good today...

Your original argument in favor of Chubb looks even stronger now. The only thing I was concerned about with Chubb is athleticism. Then not only is he athletic at the combine, but he beasts. Dag...Bradley Chubb might be the guy.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Chubb looked REALLY good today...

Yes he did;)    I really want him.

Dont know why, but Ive got this gut-feeling we end up with Davenport. It could be total nonsense, but I had the same feeling last year with Larry Ogunjobi and Caleb Brantley. To be fair, I did not think we would draft both. I wanted Njoku. I also wanted to draft Zane in the 7th, so I was pretty satisfied. I totally did not see Peppers coming. That one took me by surprise.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If I am going to build on strength (i.e., the DL), I would take Vea.

On that thought, I could see us drafting OL at the end of the 2nd or early 3rd. If we can replace expensive Zeitler, Bitonio, or Tretter with cheaper players without a loss of talent, that would be the prudent move. We would feel the benefit in a few years when we dont have a cap problem due to having so much money tied up in the OLine.

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If I am going to build on strength (i.e., the DL), I would take Vea.

Well we might not have Shelton this year. They haven't picked up his 5th yr option yet and I feel like they're dragging their feet

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

On that thought, I could see us drafting OL at the end of the 2nd or early 3rd. If we can replace expensive Zeitler, Bitonio, or Tretter with cheaper players without a loss of talent, that would be the prudent move. We would feel the benefit in a few years when we dont have a cap problem due to having so much money tied up in the OLine.

We could do that with Billy Price.

Can play all three positions.

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We could do that with Billy Price.

Can play all three positions.

Read my mind, Bruce. Also, Mason Cole as a center. Frank Ragnow, Wyatt Teller, Cole Madison, Martinas Rankin and Austin Corbett as OGs... all guys I could see possibly available at 64 and 65.

56 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Well we might not have Shelton this year. They haven't picked up his 5th yr option yet and I feel like they're dragging their feet

Good thing you don’t have to pick up a 5th year option for a player to be under contract for year 4.

2015, 2016, 2017....

Archived