Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

David Mayo is so so bad, please don't keep him just because he is supposedly solid in STs. 

I agree. Especially if it pushes Al-Shaair off the squad. 

Really, the only roster decision I truly care about is finding a way to fit Al-Shaair on the 53-man squad, and I don't think that should be difficult to do. Literally anything else within the realm of realistic possibilities is fine by me. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

We have waiver priority #2 till 9/24. I hope we can find some better interior lineman to backup. 

The problem: the other 31 teams are hoping for the same thing. Which means we probably won't find it, at least not through waivers (trade is another story).

37 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The problem: the other 31 teams are hoping for the same thing. Which means we probably won't find it, at least not through waivers (trade is another story).

Well they better do something. I know Shanahan doesn't value Guards but man our guards behind the starters are trash. 

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well they better do something. I know Shanahan doesn't value Guards but man our guards behind the starters are trash. 

I agree. I think most, and probably the team as well, recognize the need. The question will be whether or not we could offer something attractive enough for another team to part with prized depth, especially while considering we are already missing our 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. It's going to be tough. You're probably better off framing your prayers to the football gods around our 5 starters staying healthy all year.

Jordan Mills is visiting the team today, presumably with the team looking at him as the swing tackle. Had a rough year last season, signed a one year prove it deal with the Dolphins and was just cut.

But...that still probably qualifies him as a better option than Skule/Brunskill, so...a chance to improve the roster!

24 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Jordan Mills is visiting the team today, presumably with the team looking at him as the swing tackle. Had a rough year last season, signed a one year prove it deal with the Dolphins and was just cut.

But...that still probably qualifies him as a better option than Skule/Brunskill, so...a chance to improve the roster!

I’d rather develop Skule and pray that nothing happens to our tackles. Everything I’ve read about Mills is that he is garbage. At least there may be some upside with Skule.

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’d rather develop Skule and pray that nothing happens to our tackles. Everything I’ve read about Mills is that he is garbage. At least there may be some upside with Skule.

It wasn't an either-or proposition. 3 QBs, 4 TEs, and Daniel Brunskill are all reasons why you can have both. 

But yes, Mills is garbage. Complete, total trash. 

So I would not mind signing him to improve our tackle depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

We must really not like Gilliam and think Schrader is done