Atlanta{FX} Season 3 - March 24th

devils1854

On 4/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, thrILL! said:

Ep 4 was so creative and such a great showcase of what this show can pull off.  This interview was a nice companion piece to the episode:

https://www.gq.com/story/atlanta-the-big-payback-reparations-justin-bartha-interview

shows how terrifying accountability can be for white people, especially when it involves material consequences.”

damn tho. I am a fan of a few eps this season so far despite it not being the Paper Boi and Earn story anymore 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

shows how terrifying accountability can be for white people, especially when it involves material consequences.”

damn tho. I am a fan of a few eps this season so far despite it not being the Paper Boi and Earn story anymore 

Yeah these side episodes feel like Twilight Zone or Black Mirror in tone but they’ve been great. There was a link in the first paragraph of the article/interview about the real life occurrences that S03E01 was based off.  Pretty gnarly stuff. Here it is for anyone:

https://www.mic.com/culture/atlanta-season-3-premiere-lake-lanier

• Like 1

Les Fleur is the creepiest song I’ve heard since We’ve Only Just Begun by the carpenters (I never heard les fleur til Us in 2019) even though neither are supposed to be creepy. Must’ve been the era lol (1969/1970)

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah these side episodes feel like Twilight Zone or Black Mirror in tone but they’ve been great. There was a link in the first paragraph of the article/interview about the real life occurrences that S03E01 was based off.  Pretty gnarly stuff. Here it is for anyone:

https://www.mic.com/culture/atlanta-season-3-premiere-lake-lanier

I need to stop trying to rate the season when all the intended historical references are going over my head. It is genuinely refreshing to have such a fresh, new, and not overtly white narrative for once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Les Fleur is the creepiest song I’ve heard since We’ve Only Just Begun by the carpenters (I never heard les fleur til Us in 2019) even though neither are supposed to be creepy. Must’ve been the era lol (1969/1970)

Have you ever seen In The Mouth Of Madness?

killer use of “We’ve Only Just Begun” lol. 

This season has been kind of underwhelming for me.  The acting is fine and the star power of the cast and quality of the characters make it so that the show is still entertaining to watch, but something about it just seems, I don't know, pretentious?  Like it just got too far away from what made the show fun yet still poignant in the first place.  I wouldn't even say the writing is bad, and if this was the first season I would probably love it. 

It almost makes me wonder if they are being 100% serious with their episode descriptions lol ie. "Sometimes shows just be over my head acting fake deep" and "Season 1 was better"  

Still a good show.  Just not sure it holds up to the first two seasons... yet.  And I can't blame them for trying different stuff.  I imagine a lot of it has to do with how busy everyone in the show is in real-life.  

• 3 weeks later...