Atlanta{FX} Season 3 - March 24th

devils1854

On 4/13/2018 at 8:19 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Easily. Yesterday's episode obviously wasn't going to come close to the Teddy one, but it ended well with the "Drake's Mexican" line lol. 

lol That was funny. The episode was actually needed to calm things back down to the original way and set up for another potential twist episode. It wasn't as funny as the others, but I can see why it went this direction. 

I love what the Glovers are doing this season. Now we're on our toes and don't know what to expect anymore. We're going through all this and still don't know why Darius and Paper Boi stopped talking to each other at some point. lol We're all shook and didn't know it. 

Al needs to hire some security, how many times has he been robbed so far? It's easy to guess that the guy in the woods was some manifestation of Al's consciousness. The episode was all about what that guy said, start moving or you're gonna die out here with nothing.

I also thought it was interesting that the episode was dedicated to Willow Dean Kearse.  I quick google search turns up that she is Brain Tyree Henry's mom (Al's actor). It's interesting because they episode started with Al thinking his mom was over at his house berating him. We know that Paper Boi's mom is dead too tho from last season so he must have also been imagining that. I think it was the anniversary of his mom's death (Willow Kearse died May 12 2016, only a few weeks from now) which explains why everyone was asking him if he was alright at the beginning of the episode. I think Al is pretty depressed which has been holding him back from making the decision to start moving and making that real money. But now who knows where he'll go from now on. Erin's job could be in danger if Al decides to make that money and get a new manager. 

• Like 1

That's a good point about his mom. I completely forgot about that scene. He's been wanting to continue that real/normal lifestyle and realized he can't no more. He walked away from the IG chick because he didn't want to fake anything or act like a celeb. Before getting jumped, he was trying to say how real he kept it by walking solo. The old man made him choose a side. The old man was the Hood. If Al would have stayed, he would have gotten killed. 

The next episode does look like it's going back to it's true comedy style. The episodes are like short films that will make you really think. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 5:31 AM, rickyt31 said:

That's a good point about his mom. I completely forgot about that scene. He's been wanting to continue that real/normal lifestyle and realized he can't no more. He walked away from the IG chick because he didn't want to fake anything or act like a celeb. Before getting jumped, he was trying to say how real he kept it by walking solo. The old man made him choose a side. The old man was the Hood. If Al would have stayed, he would have gotten killed. 

The next episode does look like it's going back to it's true comedy style. The episodes are like short films that will make you really think. 

They are tremendous. So much that goes into these episodes that you have to watch them more than once. The mom scene is something I didn't originally catch either. Old man basically told him you keep your stubborn ways and you will be dead soon and then shortly after making it out of the woods, he took a few selfies with the kid something he has hated doing in the past. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They are tremendous. So much that goes into these episodes that you have to watch them more than once. The mom scene is something I didn't originally catch either. Old man basically told him you keep your stubborn ways and you will be dead soon and then shortly after making it out of the woods, he took a few selfies with the kid something he has hated doing in the past. 

Right. That ending shows he decided to embrace the celeb style. He needed to do that. The chick hit him with facts in the suit shopping scene reminding him that people don't want to listen to someone who dresses like them. 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:30 PM, Geek said:

Al needs to hire some security, how many times has he been robbed so far?

Erin's job could be in danger if Al decides to make that money and get a new manager. 

His girl was talking about money and Al was playing along but he doesn’t have much money at all.  Certainly not like her.  He can’t afford security now unless he pays some locals who prolly would be more problem than their worth. 

Honestly, Paperboi has outgrown Earn who is completely out of his element.  If anything, Earn needs to be Al’s personal manager not his business manager.  He can manage Al’s schedule and day to day and those kind of things.  I don’t think Earn has any idea how to set up shows or tours or deal with percentage points and royalties.  

18 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. That ending shows he decided to embrace the celeb style. He needed to do that. The chick hit him with facts in the suit shopping scene reminding him that people don't want to listen to someone who dresses like them. 

Also, I think they were trying to show that a celebrity has no choice but to change once they make it big as they can't live the normal life anymore. If they try to, then you will have plenty of goons after them trying to jack and kill them. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also, I think they were trying to show that a celebrity has no choice but to change once they make it big as they can't live the normal life anymore. If they try to, then you will have plenty of goons after them trying to jack and kill them. 

Right. It was a well-needed episode. I'm working my way up in the film industry and I seen a few things I needed to see. I don't even want to stay in Clayton County anymore .lol