Atlanta{FX} Season 3 - March 24th

devils1854

IDK. I liked seasons 1 and 2 way more. I don't think this season was not as deep or groundbreaking as they think it was. some of the topics they touched on were interesting, but felt like they did the most basic storytelling with it like the reparations episode. that could of been more wild and thought-provoking. The season still had its moments and looked gorgeous, but I'm ready for them to get back to the states. this season was missing its best character...Atlanta

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

The cameos were crazy this season lol.  I didn't even realize that was Chet Hanks in Trini 2 De Bone ep until I read the GQ interview above lol.

I knew it was him cause I saw him doing the accent a few months ago lol. I didn’t think anything would ever come of it for him tho 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

S3 was heavy in symbolism and hidden meaning but S4 so far seems a return to the linear storyline that honesty I prefer. S3 spent so much time away from a logical linear storytelling with more individual concepts that they got to have fun with and did very well. I figure the looser feel of S3 was scheduling conflicts and Covid complications. So far S4 episodes 1 and 2 scratch tf out of the itch I had with this show, 2 the most satisfying as it dives into Earn’s mind and emotions. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It sucks this is the last season of Atlanta

Granted I am sure the season (along with 3) has been done this way because of the difficulty of getting everyone available at the same time.  But still, it feels like they have  nailed the kind of show they want to be.  Very much keeping that anthology feel from Season 3 but using the main cast to execute it.  And all 4 main actors/characters are strong enough to lead just about any episode.