Atlanta{FX} Season 3 - March 24th

devils1854

Nice episode indeed. 

Showed how you can't really let family/friends run your management as they are usually incompetent or flat out not qualified for the job. What is happening with LeBron James is certainly the outlier in the big picture. Earn is family but clearly keeps messing things up for Al and was put on notice. Al finally told him he's the biggest problem, not Tracy or anyone else. This has been building up for a while as it is clear Al has outgrown Earn. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 8:44 AM, Buckrock101 said:

Oh man. I wasn't expecting something like that, but that was a great episode. Low-key funny, kinda charming, then... pow. This show has a way of hitting the right tone every time.

Man, once Devin started getting bullied I knew it wasn't going to end well. Kind of depressing to be honest lol. 

A couple things on episode 8 & 9:

On 4/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

as it is clear Al has outgrown Earn. 

is it really? I feel like the show has kinda done the opposite. Al is the dude that doesn't care to be famous and hasn't out any effort into doing so. He generally hates playing the game. And he still has only one song that has made it and now we are at the end of season 2. I get he had the come-to-jesus moment in the woods but going Clark County wouldn't make sense. If the new Paper Boi is now motivated I don't think he has given Earn the chance to work under this new environment (a cooperative, ambitious Al). To me, it has been a mutual partnership in why Al's career hasn't taken off the way he just now found out he wants it to.

Also picking Clark County's manager doesn't feel right. Every time they see CC it is because Earn got Al the same thing CC's manager got CC (Pajama Jam and the 'Spotify' thing earlier in the show). 

Edited by 11sanchez11

Those last scenes and monologues at the passport place, couch, and on the plane were sooo good.  That was a great way to end the season. 

Have we heard anything about season 3? Hopefully, the wait isn't as long as it was from season 1 to 2.

If there is a season 3, and we all hope there is, then it better not take as long as it did from season 1 to season 2 to take place lol. I read how Glover was super busy filming other stuff the last time out, but lets get one going around March/April of 2019.

Just a great show all around. 

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Best single seasons of TV all time:

1- True Detective s1

2- Atlanta s2

3- The Wire s4

Embarrassingly I haven't watched an episode of The Wire. Gotta change that during the summer.

The Night Of was a great short series, but not sure it qualifies for what you're ranking.