NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's UWM. He's not at risk due to the financial fallout that comes with firing coaches and he's dealt with a **** ton of limitations from the AD. Injuries have been huge for the team too. Again, PBS isn't at any risk of getting fired due to the situation he's in.

I know you can google his overall record but at least know the details behind the situation before laying down some snarky comment.

Every team deals with injuries and adversity. The reality is that UWM has been one of the worst programs in division 1 basketball under PBS. 47-70 overall and 26-45 in the Horizon League since he took over as the head coach. They've also finished 216th, 271st, 296th, and 196th on KenPom in his 4 years there. So the AD would rather not deal with the financial fall out and just let the program continue to be a bottom feeder. Maybe the university should fire him as well. 

Either way though good on PBJ, maybe with the #1 recruit his dad will be able to produce a winning season for the 1st time in his career. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Every team deals with injuries and adversity. The reality is that UWM has been one of the worst programs in division 1 basketball under PBS. 47-70 overall and 26-45 in the Horizon League since he took over as the head coach. They've also finished 216th, 271st, 296th, and 196th on KenPom in his 4 years there. So the AD would rather not deal with the financial fall out and just let the program continue to be a bottom feeder. Maybe the university should fire him as well. 

Either way though good on PBJ, maybe with the #1 recruit his dad will be able to produce a winning season for the 1st time in his career. 

First off, the AD is Amanda Braun and she deserves to be fired for many reasons.

You simply aren't educated on the situation that PBS was brought into. LIS, you can type up his resume and make generic statements all you want. I'm not going to derail the thread any further talking about a coach in a recruiting thread.

If PBJ wants to play for his dad rather than going to Dook, I don't blame him. He's going to get his regardless. In this day and age, exposure isn't hard to come by.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

First off, the AD is Amanda Braun and she deserves to be fired for many reasons.

You simply aren't educated on the situation that PBS was brought into. LIS, you can type up his resume and make generic statements all you want. I'm not going to derail the thread any further talking about a coach in a recruiting thread.

If PBJ wants to play for his dad rather than going to Dook, I don't blame him. He's going to get his regardless. In this day and age, exposure isn't hard to come by.

She should definitely be fired, UW-Milwaukee was actually competitive at one point. 

Agreed, if he wants to play for a losing program to save his dad, that's his decision. And I highly disagree that exposure isn't hard to come by. Kuminga and Green played in the G-League and unless you're a hardcore draft-nick you didn't see them play at all this year or even know who they are. He'll play in 0 nationally televised games and they likely won't make the NCAA Tournament. 

When you look at the biggest rookie shoe deals in NBA history, 9/10 of them played at major programs, with LeBron James being the only exception. PBJ is also coming off of a dislocated ankle last season so if he gets hurt again or doesn't play well he'll not only tank his draft stock but will also miss out on a potential multi-million dollar shoe deal/endorsements. 

It reminds me of Lavar and Lonzo with Big Baller Brand. Lonzo was one of the hottest prospects to come into the league in the last decade and passed on shoe deals with Nike and Adidas to support Lavar and BBB. BBB failed miserably like a year later and Lonzo's stock tanked as well so those offers weren't on the table anymore. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

She should definitely be fired, UW-Milwaukee was actually competitive at one point. 

Agreed, if he wants to play for a losing program to save his dad, that's his decision. And I highly disagree that exposure isn't hard to come by. Kuminga and Green played in the G-League and unless you're a hardcore draft-nick you didn't see them play at all this year or even know who they are. He'll play in 0 nationally televised games and they likely won't make the NCAA Tournament. 

When you look at the biggest rookie shoe deals in NBA history, 9/10 of them played at major programs, with LeBron James being the only exception. PBJ is also coming off of a dislocated ankle last season so if he gets hurt again or doesn't play well he'll not only tank his draft stock but will also miss out on a potential multi-million dollar shoe deal/endorsements. 

It reminds me of Lavar and Lonzo with Big Baller Brand. Lonzo was one of the hottest prospects to come into the league in the last decade and passed on shoe deals with Nike and Adidas to support Lavar and BBB. BBB failed miserably like a year later and Lonzo's stock tanked as well so those offers weren't on the table anymore. 

Once again, and you continue to fail to grasp this, it's not always about money. 

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Once again, and you continue to fail to grasp this, it's not always about money. 

What about skill development? Do you think UWM will prepare him more for the league than the G-League or Duke? The ankle injury is also a major red flag/concern, what if he gets hurt again? Does playing at UWM benefit him in any way other than saving his dads job?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What about skill development? Do you think UWM will prepare him more for the league than the G-League or Duke? The ankle injury is also a major red flag/concern, what if he gets hurt again? Does playing at UWM benefit him in any way other than saving his dads job?

Dude, I've already addressed that. He's not some raw prospect. He's advanced for his age and has been since they listed him as the #1 player in the class as a freshman. One year at UWM, playing for family, isn't going to hurt him at all.

And, for the last time, he's not "saving his dad's job." Quit being a petty turd.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For the last time, PBJ's family isn't hurting for money. Quit making it about money. Every thing you're coming back around to revolves around money. 

Skill development and being prepared to play in the NBA as a rookie is about money?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Skill development and being prepared to play in the NBA as a rookie is about money?

I already addressed the development portion. I mean, if you wanna keep going down that path, I'm sure that time at Duke really prepared Cam Reddish for the NBA. It's not like other options are flawless or perfect. There is no right or wrong answer here. Pretending like there is, is just naive. 

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, I've already addressed that. He's not some raw prospect. He's advanced for his age and has been since they listed him as the #1 player in the class as a freshman. One year at UWM, playing for family, isn't going to hurt him at all.

It isn't about hurting him, it's about improving his game and becoming a better player so that he's more prepared to make the leap into the NBA. The Stepien's scouts said that when they saw him play they came away with the impression that Jalen Johnson was a better player, lol. 

He's not a transcendent player that's a lock to be a top 3 pick. Most early mock drafts have him at like 6-7. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

It isn't about hurting him, it's about improving his game and becoming a better player so that he's more prepared to make the leap into the NBA. The Stepien's scouts said that when they saw him play they came away with the impression that Jalen Johnson was a better player, lol. 

He's not a transcendent player that's a lock to be a top 3 pick. Most early mock drafts have him at like 6-7. 

The Stepien's scouts are ******* stupid lol. They do **** to be different. I stopped putting any stock into their stuff a while ago.

He's still a first rounder. It doesn't matter if he's not a top 3 lock. One year at UWM isn't going to hurt him, for Christ sakes. 

LIS above, there is no right or wrong answer to how to approach the process. Everyone is different and have different paths. I don't know why that's so hard for you to grasp.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I already addressed the development portion. I mean, if you wanna keep going down that path, I'm sure that time at Duke really prepared Cam Reddish for the NBA. It's not like other options are flawless or perfect. There is no right or wrong answer here. Pretending like there is, is just naive. 

Duke sure did help Jayson Tatum, Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, and RJ Barrett though. And Reddish has been hurt throughout his young NBA career. 

Going to Duke and practicing/playing with other NBA players would without a doubt help his development more than playing at UWM, it's not even close to debatable. There has been one freshman in NBA draft history to go top 5 after playing at a non-power conference school for a year and that was Derrick Rose. Jalen Suggs will become the second but Memphis and Gonzaga as programs are clearly head and shoulders above UWM, both of those guys played in the national championship game as freshmen. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Duke sure did help Jayson Tatum, Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, and RJ Barrett though. And Reddish has been hurt throughout his young NBA career. 

Going to Duke and practicing/playing with other NBA players would without a doubt help his development more than playing at UWM, it's not even close to debatable. There has been one freshman in NBA draft history to go top 5 after playing at a non-power conference school for a year and that was Derrick Rose. Jalen Suggs will become the second but Memphis and Gonzaga as programs are clearly head and shoulders above UWM, both of those guys played in the national championship game as freshmen. 

Okay, boss. You're right. Have a good weekend.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Okay, boss. You're right. Have a good weekend.

You're actually right, going to UWM is going to be much better for his career long-term than the G-League or Duke. Patrick Baldwin Sr has shown an uncanny ability to help guys develop their games and the competition he'll face daily at practice and in games will surely have him more ready for the league than anywhere else.