NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

15 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

No but he might have gotten a couple of mid tier guys to join up with him that would have ended up sticking around for a few years and potentially helped his dad down the road putting more money in the family pockets. 

Patrick Baldwin Sr is 47-70 in 4 years at UWM and has only landed 1 HS commitment outside of his son during the last 3 recruiting cycles, everyone else they've brought in has been a transfer. 

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

missed this

i think we have 2 players who were born in the usa on the roster lol

ua has 2x more players who speak french than players who were born in the us

fbi doesn't deal with international matters, good reroute by UA

Lloyd's speciality at Gonzaga was identifying and then landing foreign born recruits. Funny that Arizona's entire 2020 class was essentially foreign players as well, Miller was building a team for Lloyd. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lloyd's speciality at Gonzaga was identifying and then landing foreign born recruits. Funny that Arizona's entire 2020 class was essentially foreign players as well, Miller was building a team for Lloyd. 

Assistant Jack Murphy was the lead international guy for Miller and Lloyd kept him on.  There’s definitely going to a Eurozona pipeline going on.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Assistant Jack Murphy was the lead international guy for Miller and Lloyd kept him on.  There’s definitely going to a Eurozona pipeline going on.  

I'm interested to see how Lloyd does at Arizona. Miller brought them back but then had his issues. 

After missing on PBJ Duke's 2021-2022 roster is official set. 

G - Jeremy Roach (So.) | Jaylen Blakes (Fr.)

G - Trevor Keels (Fr.) | Wendell Moore (Jr.)

F - AJ Griffin Jr (Fr.) | Joey Baker (Jr.)

F - Paolo Banchero (Fr.) |  Bates Jones (Sr.)

C - Mark Williams (So.) | Theo John (Sr.) 

I like our team coming into the season. AGJ and Banchero will both be studs and should both be top 5 picks in the 2022 draft if they can live up to the hype. Blakes should be a serviceable backup PG and Keels shooting will help us a ton at the two guard spot. Mark Williams and Jeremy Roach both look primed for sophomore breakout seasons as well. And we have some quality role players off the bench in Moore, Baker, and John. 

The biggest concern that I have is a potential lack of 3 point shooting. Next years group will be one of the biggest, longest, most athletic/versatile groups Coach K has ever had. But Roach, Baker, and Moore are our top 3 returning 3 point shooters and they all shot 31% from beyond the arc last year. AGJ and Banchero are great but neither guy is known for their 3 point shooting and then guys like Williams/John are non-shooters. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm interested to see how Lloyd does at Arizona. Miller brought them back but then had his issues. 

He’ll be a bit limited thru some sanctions but I’m glad the iso offense/packline defense crap is a thing if the past.