NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

On 11/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, TitanSlim said:

White boy named Chet who’s the number one recruit would’ve been a guaranteed Dukie in yesteryears. Times have changed.

Seriously though, the other day was my first time seeing him and boy was he impressive. Emoni Bates had all the hype for best High Schooler since who knows but Chet outplayed him imo (and it wasn’t like Bates was bad or anything). Like you said, his frame is my biggest concern but he’s young.

Duke's too busy landing 4 of the other top 5 recruits in the country. Bates and Chet are both legit as hell though, as @beekay414 said the only real concern with him is his frame and how his body will hold up at the next level because the kid is clearly a special talent. 

A lot of good players coming into the league soon with guys like Cunningham, Kuminga, Green, Chet, Griffin Jr, Baldwin, and Bates, etc. 

• 4 months later...

@Sllim Pickens

Of all the sources interviewed for this story, those existing in and out of the Bates camp, no one seems to believe Emoni will play at Michigan State. Instead, Bates most likely will wait for a professional contract, probably the most lucrative deal the G League can muster, and turn professional before heading to the NBA.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I figured this once he and Jaden Akins got into a fight because Emoni couldn't hog the ball as much as he wanted to at the fake prep school his dad created.  Interesting to see what the deal looks like.  I think if the NCAA does something to allow players to profit off their names, he will be at MSU as he can make similar money with more exposure. Sounds like Emoni wants to go to college, but his circle is more about the money which will push him to the G League. 

24 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I figured this once he and Jaden Akins got into a fight because Emoni couldn't hog the ball as much as he wanted to at the fake prep school his dad created.  Interesting to see what the deal looks like.  I think if the NCAA does something to allow players to profit off their names, he will be at MSU as he can make similar money with more exposure. Sounds like Emoni wants to go to college, but his circle is more about the money which will push him to the G League. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he forgoes his senior year in HS and plays in Overtime's league and then heads to the G-League for a year before entering the draft. He can make $600K + endorsements if he goes that route and could also be the first HS player to sign a major shoe deal. 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Damn I hope not, want to see him in college. Think he could be a 4 BPG guy.

Yeah, I'd like to see him at Gonzaga. He'd probably be the most dynamic/skilled/impactful freshman big we've seen since Anthony Davis. He was supposed to make his college announcement in mid-February but then delayed it and recent reports have said that he's leaning towards the G-League now.