NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

just keep that same energy when memphis is still worse than houston this season.  maybe when houston leaves for the big 12 penny can find win something that matters!

I have absolutely no stakes in this and know absolutely nothing about either team.

No one hear is drum beating for Memphis like you are for Houston though. My point is you're setting yourself up for serious backlash.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I have absolutely no stakes in this and know absolutely nothing about either team.

No one hear is drum beating for Memphis like you are for Houston though. My point is you're setting yourself up for serious backlash.

came you blame me?  my team coming of a final four run.  why wouldnt i be excited about the upcoming season?  thats common sense. 

39 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

came you blame me?  my team coming of a final four run.  why wouldnt i be excited about the upcoming season?  thats common sense. 

Because the best players on that team are all gone, and you have to start over.  I get being optimistic that guys will develop, but you think your team will be better than they were when they lost 80% of the production from last year and other teams got significantly better.  I get being excited, but being blind and homerish just makes you look uninformed IMO. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because the best players on that team are all gone, and you have to start over.  I get being optimistic that guys will develop, but you think your team will be better than they were when they lost 80% of the production from last year and other teams got significantly better.  I get being excited, but being blind and homerish just makes you look uninformed IMO. 

lol ok man. there is no such thing as 'start over" at Houston under Kelvin Sampson. 

Edited by Texansfan713

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

lol ok man. there is no such thing as 'start over" at Houston under Kelvin Sampson. 

No one is saying you will be n last place, but there is a decline. It happens everywhere unless you restock like Duke, and even they take steps back and Kelvin Sampson isn't Coach K.  You lost a lot, you wont be last but you likely wont be first.  And the only reason you won't fall too far is because the conference is relatively weak aside from Memphis.  Your delusions of how college basketball work are comical in how you view your own team compared to others.  

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

No one is saying you will be n last place, but there is a decline. It happens everywhere unless you restock like Duke, and even they take steps back and Kelvin Sampson isn't Coach K.  You lost a lot, you wont be last but you likely wont be first.  And the only reason you won't fall too far is because the conference is relatively weak aside from Memphis.  Your delusions of how college basketball work are comical in how you view your own team compared to others.  

yawn

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Kansas is Kansas

Baylor just won a national title

Tech might still be good even with Beard

Houston is legit

Oklahoma St is a tournament team

If Wes Miller is a good HC like some of yall claimed he is in the NCAA thread then Cincy should go back to being good.

West Virginia is a tournament team

BYU is a tournament team

Not like Texas and OU were world beaters in the conference recently lol

2 national titles in 30 years, thank you for correcting me. Kansas is a blue blood program and Baylor is becoming a very good program. Other than that though the conference isn't very deep or good. 

Before Beard, Tech hadn't made the tournament in a decade so we'll have to see what Adams can do, and even with Beard they went 36-24 over the last two seasons. Oklahoma State has made the tournament once in 4 years under Boynton. WVU is 55-41 over the last 3 seasons and Huggins is 68 years old, so doubt he's around much longer. And BYU/Houston have been tournament teams playing in weak conferences. 

Texas and OU don't have great programs but they're good and were definitely 2 of the top 4 programs in the conference. 

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

just keep that same energy when memphis is still worse than houston this season.  maybe when houston leaves for the big 12 penny can find win something that matters!

Memphis is going to be very good this season, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

yawn

Houston lost Grimes (AAC POY), Jarreau (AAC DPOY, 2nd team All-AAC), Gorham (AAC MIP, 2nd team All-AAC) those are all huge losses. And you're expecting Mark to make a major leap after he averaged 6.6 ppg on 35% FG in the NCAA tournament. Kyler Edwards is a decent player but he's not Grimes, Grimes was a former top 10 recruit that was extremely talented but in a bad situation at KU. Kyler was a former 3* recruit that was just an okay player for Tech.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

No one hear is drum beating for Memphis like you are for Houston though. 

Memphis deserves some hype though they just added two players that will likely be the #1 pick in 2022 and 2023 with Emoni Bates/Jalen Duren, Earl Timberlake (likely 1st round pick in 2022), and added Larry Brown as an assistant coach. They're also bringing back Landers Nolley who was 1st team All-AAC last season and DeAndre Williams who will be 1st/2nd team All-AAC coming into the season.