The Official Combine, AKA "Underwear Olympics" Thread

MWil23

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

NOT GOOD for him.

He may have fallen clear out of the 1st AND 2nd rounds if this is serious. Torn pec?

I'd take him with Pick #64 and redshirt him.

Yeah, that’s no good if that’s what the injury is. 

Still a day 2 value.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

NOT GOOD for him.

He may have fallen clear out of the 1st AND 2nd rounds if this is serious. Torn pec?

No way it would drop him out of the 2nd. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Center already isn't a premium position, and if he tore his pec he's out a year. He's already considered a fringe 1st rounder healthy. I don't know, stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Missing year one for a fringe round 1 interior lineman, I’d probably say round 3 is more likely than round 2.

Not trying to get ahead of myself with the injury, but if that’s what it is.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Center already isn't a premium position, and if he tore his pec he's out a year. He's already considered a fringe 1st rounder healthy. I don't know, stranger things have happened.

A torn pec isn’t a major injury or career altering. It’s gonna cause him to drop but now way he falls to the 3rd. I can’t see the best center in the draft and IMO prolly the best center to come out since Mack. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Missing year one for a fringe round 1 interior lineman, I’d probably say round 3 is more likely than round 2.

Not trying to get ahead of myself with the injury, but if that’s what it is.

If he was a guard I would think that but being a top flight center. He went from the back end of the 1st to the back end of the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Stopped reading here.

A torn pec costs anyone close to a calendar year.

Well in that aspect it is, it was suppose to be the context of not career altering. If it was a knee or ankle injury then I would see the fall for sure. Once he recovers from a possible torn pec. He should be back to fine

Just now, buno67 said:

Well in that aspect it is, it was suppose to be the context of not career altering. If it was a knee or ankle injury then I would see the fall for sure. Once he recovers from a possible torn pec. He should be back to fine

If he’s out year 1, I think it would have to be a good/stable team that would take him as early as round 2. It takes a lot for a GM to just forfeit any year 1 production out of a round 2 selection. It’s a self-preservation league. A GM with job security though could get a steal. Personally, I’d still like him at 64/65.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

NOT GOOD for him.

No way I’d burn a second rounder on him.  I’d have to wait and use our 3rd.

But yes, if he’s there at that point I’d be all for it, that’s maximizinf value for sure.

I feel like we are in perfect position to make a move such as that.

We have JC Tretter under a team friendly contract that we can get out of with not much repercussion.  

He can, however, offer the ability for us to wait on a Center to heal and be 100% before deciding to make the move.

I could absolutely see him falling to the end of the 2nd round or beginning of the third.

I know there are a ton of OSU fans on hear, but from an unbiased standpoint, he is a lower value position with the possibility of an injury if it is a torn pec.  If he is out a year I expect top of the second round to be a reach as that's where I see his value at now (not the high end of where he could go, but his value).  I have seen a lot of people ranking James Daniels above in as far as centers go anyway. 

If he is there at 64 or 65 I would definitely take a shot at him and plan for the future of our O-Line

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'm pretty sure Mel Kiper just watched five minutes of Good Morning Football and made his top lists.

This is my pet peeve with Kiper. I know he was the pioneer on this stuff, and all credit to him for that, but these days he basically just assembles a "consensus" looking board with a couple guys super high/low who are specifically (and obviously) chosen to get clicks (IE Allen and Jackson).

22 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep ? 

I'm pretty sure he was saying it wasn't "major" in the sense that it has little to no chance of ending his career or destroying his production when he comes back from the injury. Which you'd both have known if you hadn't "stopped reading". 

#shrug

Archived