$18M Left In Cap Space - How To Spend?

Norm

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

The players love cap inflation.  Cap inflation is surely outpacing real inflation, so they are getting raises.

By a god damn lot too. Hey, they deserve it, to a degree right?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

every damn penny

Everyone new contract its like ZOMG WHY IS HE PAID SO MUCH HE SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Uh dude, pay attention. This is how it works. The guys running the show (aren't always morons)

Something tells me this last few botched suspensions being dolled out by Goodell is just a front play setup for negotiations in the next CBA.

NFL:  "Sure, we will give the commissioner less unilateral power on suspensions for off field issues, and you give us the 18 game regular season".

Owners get something they have wanted for a while..more games= more $$$.

NFL PA gets out from Goodell ' s tyranny over personal conduct.

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

What do you guys think Rodgers new deal with avg?

Whatever 18-20% of the salary cap is at the time he signs.

That is a tough pill to swallow, but what is the other option?

The bigger rollover into 2018 is going to help front load that guaranteed  $$

52 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the owners would be really smart to offer up firing the comish in the next CBA negotiations. 

its a winning strategy, but:

The owners love The Deflector Shield and they are quite content to hide behind his cloak

They'd also have to have a powerful successor lined up -  and its really hard to get 24 of these billionaires aligned on any one candidate

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the owners would be really smart to offer up firing the comish in the next CBA negotiations. 

Sure....that is another bargaining chip the owners can use to get that 18 game schedule they want.  Owners probably have another person ready to be their henchman and take the public heat for the decisions that "need" to be made.  Pay me $20-30M (think Goodell makes around $40M) and I will make some of these decisions too.

Just now, Shanedorf said:

The owners love The Deflector Shield and they are quite content to hide behind his cloak

They'd also have to have a powerful successor lined up -  and its really hard to get 24 of these billionaires aligned on any one candidate

No doubt all are valid points. 

I think you can find another fall guy, but getting enough of them to vote yes on anything is tough.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No doubt all are valid points. 

I think you can find another fall guy, but getting enough of them to vote yes on anything is tough.

Those owners will vote yes on a new commissioner if the trade off is getting a favorable CBA and nets an 18 game schedule.  

BIllionaires love MONEY, goes hand in hand with being a billionaire

Just now, squire12 said:

Those owners will vote yes on a new commissioner if the trade off is getting a favorable CBA and nets an 18 game schedule.  

BIllionaires love MONEY, goes hand in hand with being a billionaire

True, but I think there are a few owners like Rooney and Mara who have excellent professional and personal relationships with the commish.

Archived