• Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU
    • Mike McGlinchey [ OT ] Notre Dame
    • James Daniels [ C ] Iowa
    • Billy Price [ G/C ] Ohio St.
    • Ronnie Harrison [ S ] Alabama
    • Isaiah Oliver [ CB ] Colorado
    • Ronald Jones II [ RB ] USC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2018 at 09:52 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Seahawks Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Offensive Guard: The Seahawks acquired LT Duane Brown with another year left on his deal and will get back George Fant (ACL) to compete with struggling RT Germain Ifedi. Steady C Justin Britt is signed through 2020. Top guard candidates Ethan Pocic and Rees Odhiambo were both major 2017 liabilities. The Seahawks need to prioritize adding a veteran to stabilize their interior line. 

Defensive Line: Seahawks DE Cliff Avril’s (neck) career is in doubt, DL Michael Bennett believes he’ll be released, and stud DT Sheldon Richardson is a free agent. 2017 top draft pick Malik McDowell missed his entire rookie year following an ATV accident, then was arrested in December outside of a bar. The Seahawks may have found a gem in DE Dion Jordan, but Jordan is not signed for 2018. Long a team strength, Seattle can’t afford to let its defensive line wither away, which at this point is a real possibility. 

Pass Catcher: Jimmy Graham, Paul Richardson, and Luke Willson’s contracts are up, leaving Nick Vannett atop the tight end depth chart and Amara Darboh and Tanner McEvoy as third receiver candidates behind Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett. Lockett hasn’t been the same since breaking his leg toward the end of the 2016 season, and shouldn’t be counted on as a starter. Seattle’s needs extend to defensive back depending on LCB Richard Sherman (Achilles’) and SS Kam Chancellor’s (neck) futures. The Seahawks have theoretical running back depth in Chris Carson, C.J. Prosise, Mike Davis, Thomas Rawls, and J.D. McKissic, but no clear backfield solution. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami - Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

12.Cincinnati - Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas

13.Washington - Vita Vea [ DT ] Washington

14.Green Bay - Derwin James [ SS ] Florida St.

15.Arizona - Josh Allen [ QB ] Wyoming

16.Baltimore - Calvin Ridley [ WR ] Alabama

17.LA Chargers - Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Hawks fan here.. I went Wynn and Courtland Sutton.

Isaiah Wynn would be awesome for us at LG. The fact there’s a conversation about him being able to play at OT in the NFL despite being 6’2” is astounding. Not overly powerful like a guy like Hernandez, but more polished and equally effective in the pass as he is the run. Some will say it’s a reach. Personally feel like the Hawks will prefer an old-school run mauler-type like Will Hernandez, or a gargantuan with upside like Orland Brown (keep him at RT, move Ifedi in). But take Wynn, and we set and forget at whatever position we choose (outside of C).

Went Courtland Sutton second cause he’s got the most upside of any pass catcher in this class. Fits what we’re lacking in terms of receiving threats. We’ve enough outside of him to let him develop, first as a complimentary threat to Baldwin, then after he’s got a bit of polish, he takes over as the no. 1 threat.

Three-WR Set: Lockett and Sutton on the outside, Baldwin in the slot. 

I think this may be the draft that tests how much of a Ted Thompson/Ron Wolf disciple that Schneider is.

I'm wary of how much influence Carroll is going to allow Mike Solari initially, but the combination of Solari and Brian Schottenheimer brought into the offensive coaching staff tells me one thing: Power running game.  And that's where I really become torn.  I can see a fit for Orlando Brown, but unless they think he's someone who can eventually find a long-term home as the successor to Duane Brown, in a Schottenheimer offense I'd actually value a high-ceiling guard over a mid-level floor RT (I like Brown's ceiling, but his floor as a tackle has me a tad concerned).  So for that reason I voted for Wynn first and Price second (I think there's value in Price's versatility - but it's a shade devalued because of the presence of guys like Britt and Pocic already on the roster who both have versatility across the IOL).

30 minutes ago, The LBC said:

(I think there's value in Price's versatility - but it's a shade devalued because of the presence of guys like Britt and Pocic already on the roster who both have versatility across the IOL).

Versatile, in that they can play one position well and multiple positions below-average? Then yes.

Britt was a bust until he was moved to C. He sucked at RT, was kind of okay at LG, more of the same at RG, then made a name at C. Jury’s out on Pocic. We knew he was a project going in but the Hawks have yet to find a place for him. I think the idea was to mold him into a OT based off his raw athleticism. For some reason we got away from that. Lacks the strength to really do much in the middle, doesn’t have the technical refinement or leverage to consistently win against DTs. I’m not too hopeful but we’ll see.

He’s Wesley Johnson 2.0. They’re both best at C. 

19 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Versatile, in that they can play one position well and multiple positions below-average? Then yes.

Britt was a bust until he was moved to C. He sucked at RT, was kind of okay at LG, more of the same at RG, then made a name at C. Jury’s out on Pocic. We knew he was a project going in but the Hawks have yet to find a place for him. I think the idea was to mold him into a OT based off his raw athleticism. For some reason we got away from that. Lacks the strength to really do much in the middle, doesn’t have the technical refinement or leverage to consistently win against DTs. I’m not too hopeful but we’ll see.

He’s Wesley Johnson 2.0. They’re both best at C. 

This is true, but don't undersell versatility.  My point was more in a similar vein to what you were referring to though... both Britt and Pocic are best at center, so that undermines Price's versatility of being able to play across the IOL, by eliminating one spot he'd likely be playing.  And the versatility is the bigger selling point for me if I'm comparing him and Wynn; I'll take Wynn as a pure guard 10 times out of 10 between the two.

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

This is true, but don't undersell versatility.  My point was more in a similar vein to what you were referring to though... both Britt and Pocic are best at center, so that undermines Price's versatility of being able to play across the IOL, by eliminating one spot he'd likely be playing.  And the versatility is the bigger selling point for me if I'm comparing him and Wynn; I'll take Wynn as a pure guard 10 times out of 10 between the two.

I see what you’re saying. All I’m trying to say is there’s a difference between versatility and ability to play multiple positions. Whenever I hear versatile, I think said player has a variety of skills that translate to them playing multiple positions well. Sadly, Britt and Pocic have limited skill-sets and are best off in a static position. They can remain versatile in relief roles. But is something versatile when it’s not often used? 

So guys Kelechi Osmele and Marshall Yanda, who are versatile in that they both have shown the ability to play two positions to nearly the same degree (KO: LT, LG & MY: RG, RT). You’re spot on with your Wynn assessment. Honestly if Ifedi doesn’t develop at RT, I like Wynn’s versatility enough for him to kick out. He’s versatile.

For my other point, we’ll use a guy like Ifedi. He has experience at RG and RT.. he’s a toolsy guy. He has experience at two positions, and a draft pedigree. You could consider him versatile in that his skill set translates the same across multiple positions... he sucks the same wherever he goes. I wouldn’t say he’s versatile.

Archived