2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Josey Jewell decent measurables. He'll do decently in drills but he is a player. Gonna be a great value pick in Rd3-4

I'm a big Jewell fan. Great instincts as well. If he just checks the boxes on all the physical things, he's an 8-10 year starter for someone (or you know, multiple teams) 

I know some people are going to look at Mark Walton's size and be disappointed with his time, but this shouldn't be shocking. My comparison to him was James White. He wins with quick feet, balance, and ability to make people miss in space. Here's just a few excerpts from my notes:

"Decent play speed but may not test as well as needed for frame..."

"Good lateral agility and does a nice job of keeping his feet clean.."

"Runs with low center of gravity and displays solid ankle flexion... Runs with really good balance..."

"Summary: Overall: You can see similiar traits to James White that will make teams want to scoop him before falling out of the top 100 as JW did... May not test well as I'm unsure of his long speed, but the foot quickness, balance, and ability to make people miss in space show up on tape and could be a quality contributor in the right role... Will need to check out medically and character-wise as well..."

Just now, Da_Ducktator said:

I know some people are going to look at Mark Walton's size and be disappointed with his time, but this shouldn't be shocking. My comparison to him was James White. He runs with quick feet, balance, and ability to make people miss in space. Here's just a few excerpts from my notes:

"Decent play speed but may not test as well as needed for frame..."

"Good lateral agility and does a nice job of keeping his feet clean.."

"Runs with low center of gravity and displays solid ankle flexion... Runs with really good balance..."

"Summary: Overall: You can see similiar traits to James White that will make teams want to scoop him before falling out of the top 100 as JW did... May not test well as I'm unsure of his long speed, but the foot quickness, balance, and ability to make people miss in space show up on tape and could be a quality contributor in the right role... Will need to check out medically and character-wise as well..."

I'm a big Walton fan and we were talking about his 40 time in the niner forum. Disappointed, sure I am, but he's also rounding back into shape from the ankle. I'm still a big supporter. Maybe now I'd be able to get him later though :D

Just now, Forge said:

I'm a big Walton fan and we were talking about his 40 time in the niner forum. Disappointed, sure I am, but he's also rounding back into shape from the ankle. I'm still a big supporter. Maybe now I'd be able to get him later though :D

Granted the off-field stuff is still a question mark, but I had him as a late 3rd. As I put in my notes, he reminds me of James White and can be a great 3rd down back. I think teams will want to avoid the mistake of letting JW slip outside the top 100 but since his test speed was average as I thought, Walton really will need to win in interviews to go that high or he'll have the same draft fate as White.

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

He had a bad start on the first run, that 4.52 is legit

Thanks, I didn't get to see the runs. I have to say I'm impressed...I wasn't overly infatuated with him on tape. I actually thought Damien Harris was the better runner. May have to go back and watch more, those figures are pretty hard to ignore. 

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

LeGarrette Blount type back with a bit more quick twitch

Yeah, I always thought a poor man's Eddie George. Old School throwback with some quick twitch and no value catching passes.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Thanks, I didn't get to see the runs. I have to say I'm impressed...I wasn't overly infatuated with him on tape. I actually thought Damien Harris was the better runner. May have to go back and watch more, those figures are pretty hard to ignore. 

Harris was the better player. Scarbrough is a freak though

Archived