2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

15 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Quite a few people brought up his track background in another thread.

lol he ran what his track times would project. You have no idea what you're talking about here man. James Washington just timed well (with bad starts) and he's clearly fast on the field...just take the L

Just now, IDOG_det said:

lol he ran what his track times would project. You have no idea what you're talking about here man. James Washington just timed well (with bad starts) and he's clearly fast on the field...just take the L

Exactly, just turn on the tape with this kid. I'd be a lot more concerned if he ran a 4.6 or 4.7. His 4.54 is fine because it doesn't make me want to take a second look at his tape with ambiguity in my mind's eye.

4 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I’m not the one who projected him to run a 4.3 as someone mentioned a few weeks ago.

Just now, Shylo3716 said:

I beg to differ, when high school kids run that or faster.

It's not good when you aren't big. And people were saying easily he gets a 4.4. Some said he'd be one of the top 5 fastest guys at the combine. Seemed like nonsense when watching him on the field.

Worth noting that Baker Mayfield's testing so far puts him alongside Rosen/Darnold and behind Allen in physical skills (and presumably Lamar).

Obviously there's way more to QB evaluation but the notion that Mayfield is more elusive / athletic than the more classic pocket passers doesn't hold up.   Doesn't mean he can't succeed, but removing this perception would seem to drop him 4th tools wise - and while guys who don't fit the mold get unfairly dinged, when it comes to draft stock, it's hard to deny this won't factor in.

Barring injury/off-the-field issues, I'd guess we see Mayfield go as the #4 QB, in the 1.6-1.12 range.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Heck, Keenan Allen ran 4.7...at a pro day.

Allen was coming off PCL surgery recovery, and his game was (and is) very different from Washington's.  That's apples-to-oranges.

My only issue with Washington's time is that he likely drops draft-stock wise for teams looking for the elite lid-lifter, and will take Chark early.  I think that's a mistake, but it's undeniable that teams love speed (and often pass up on better WR's overall because of it).

Archived