2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

33 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Mike Hughes from UCF looked very fluid moving down the field and went up and got the ball. He's only 5' 11" but he moves very well. Clocked a 4.53.

Like Hughes a lot for this D. My #2 CB right now

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Denzel Ward unofficial 4.32... definitely in play at #8.

Had Ward in my original 4 player poll for 8th pick.  I didn't include trade because everyone always picks trade without details.  

Ward will get more love with that time.  

I would add Davenport post combine and especially with Bears releasing Young.  

So right now I am thinking it’s most likely between Nelson, Ridley, Edmunds, Ward and Davenport barring trade and unexpected drops like Chubb for example.  I think Chubb is pick if he falls, but that seems unlikely at this time.  One or more of those above guys may be gone by 8 as well, but they all won’t be.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Denzel Ward - 4.32

Josh Jackson - 4.56

Wow.  That's a huge difference between the two when we're talking CB's who can cover.

By no means is Jackson slow with that time but if you're taking a CB top-10 then you want him to be super athletic among other traits.

Ward just helped his stock a lot and the Bears have already met with him FWIW.

If for some reason Fuller doesn't get re-signed here then I can definitely see Ward being the pick at 8.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Wow.  That's a huge difference between the two when we're talking CB's who can cover.

By no means is Jackson slow with that time but if you're taking a CB top-10 then you want him to be super athletic among other traits.

If for some reason Fuller doesn't get re-signed here then I can definitely see Ward being the pick at 8.

And wasn’t play speed already a big question in regards to Jackson?

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

It was actually 4.49 for Jackson if we are using the unofficial times

1 minute ago, G08 said:

His official is 4.56 doe.

Official times dont mean anything.  Truthfully its the scouts stopwatches is all they pay attn to.  Its also interesting Ward ran the 40 which he knew he would do well and then skipped all the positional drills.

Archived