2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

My most ideal first 4 rounds right now..... Trade down from 8, pick up a 2nd..... Some kind trade down again to pick up a third

1. Hernandez-OG (this is assuming a fairly sizable trade down, like buffalo with 21/22 ..... If we only go to the low teens I still want Vita Vea-DL)

2a. Gesecki-"TE" (he's effectively playing slot receiver for us)

2b. Lorenzo Carter-OLB

3. Chark-WR

4a. Ballage-RB

4b. Griffin-ILB

6 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Ryan Pace's combine interview on Pardon My Take is up now on iTunes. They hit Pace with a pretty hard Alshon question that catches him a little off-guard.

What is the question and his response?

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

You play Edmunds inside and let him led the team in tackles for the next 13 years.

Thank you. He’s a 6’5” LB with sideline to sideline speed, the ability to cover RBs and TEs, and he’s not a great pass rusher. So I’m not sure why there’s all this talk about how dangerous he is off the edge and how he needs to play OLB. If the team that drafts him wants to develop that aspect of that game, fine, but he’s an off-the-ball linebacker. Let him start off by doing what he does best. There’s zero benefit to playing away from his strengths.

On 3/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, Sugashane said:

I'm not convinced with Foles to be honest. 

But if they land Cousins there is no excuse for them not to at least challenge for a playoff berth. 

In 4-5 years the Browns are going to be an i interesting team to watch capwise. So many top picks and they are likely all going to warrant big deals. 

Idk, Foles showed quite a bit more than Osweiler and teams cut their nuts off trying to get him after a very average season 

I was thinking if you drafted

1[8] LB Trumain Edumds [Virginia Tech]

Play him at ILB on 1st and 2nd down and then as a joker type pass rusher on 3rd down.

2[39] OLB Lorenzo Carter [Georgia]

Bring him off the bench on passing downs across from Floyd.

On 3rd down the QB would look across the line and see nothing but 6'5"-6'6" athletic freaks without knowing who is dropping and who is coming.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Idk, Foles showed quite a bit more than Osweiler and teams cut their nuts off trying to get him after a very average season 

Oh someone is going to bite for him. I just think it will be the STL-Foles with him all over unless his team is absolutely stacked around him.

Archived