Matt Forte Retires

Madmike90

I remember that year i wanted the Bears to draft Rashard Mendenhall so bad with their first round pick.  Pretty happy with the way things turned out.  Except Chris Williams, he sucked...

Forte was an every down back who accounted for the majority of our offense year in and year out.  In 8 years, he missed a total of 7 games (iirc).  That’s insane.  Watching his highlights really makes me miss him.

Could you imagine Forte if he was drafted by a team like the Patriots, Packers, Saints, etc.  A team that consistently has other playmakers around him so he isn’t the focal point of the offense.  I’m happy he’s going out on his terms.

27 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Could you imagine Forte if he was drafted by a team like the Patriots, Packers, Saints, etc.  A team that consistently has other playmakers around him so he isn’t the focal point of the offense.  I’m happy he’s going out on his terms.

That's what I said in the gen forum. The guy would have been a household name and a HoF player. 

• 1 month later...

22 and 23 both in my top 5 fave bears of my lifetime.  Watching Hester highlight packages still gives me chills.  I dont care what anybody says, he is a 1st ballot hofer.  The story of the NFL can not be told without Devin Hester.

Also Tony Dungy telling the story of the players talking him into kicking to Hester in the Super Bowl is one of the funniest things ever.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:41 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Not quite making 10K yards may keep him out of the HOF, but he was the best 3 down back in the NFL for the vast majority of his career.

Haha Hall of fame?!?!

On 3/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, CBears019 said:

I remember that year i wanted the Bears to draft Rashard Mendenhall so bad with their first round pick.  Pretty happy with the way things turned out.  Except Chris Williams, he sucked...

Forte was an every down back who accounted for the majority of our offense year in and year out.  In 8 years, he missed a total of 7 games (iirc).  That’s insane.  Watching his highlights really makes me miss him.

I predicted bears would take Forte but I was higher on Jon Stewart 

18 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Haha Hall of fame?!?!

Yes hall of fame.  He is unquestionably the greatest return man in the history of the game and #2 isnt close.  He didnt just set the record he crushed it.  If we were to assign a WAR for players in 2006 is anybody's higher than Hester?  In the truest since of the word he was probably the mvp.  He changed the way the position is played and more importantly the way it is defended.  Yes absolutely he belongs in the hall of fame.  

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes hall of fame.  He is unquestionably the greatest return man in the history of the game and #2 isnt close.  He didnt just set the record he crushed it.  If we were to assign a WAR for players in 2006 is anybody's higher than Hester?  In the truest since of the word he was probably the mvp.  He changed the way the position is played and more importantly the way it is defended.  Yes absolutely he belongs in the hall of fame.  

Were all talking about Forte here you crazy animal 

4 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Were all talking about Forte here you crazy animal 

Well i can make a decent argument for Forte as well, but ive already acknowledged that being just shy of 10k rush yards likely keeps him out.  The fact that the only other back to do the things he did as long as he did was Marshall Faulk means he probably should be in.  Most complete back of his generation.

Archived