Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Does Pettine play enough three man fronts to sign him?

You'd hope he would use them plenty despite his history, whatever it is, if you're gonna go spend the cash on him.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

You'd hope he would use them plenty despite his history, whatever it is, if you're gonna go spend the cash on him.

I’m pretty sure I read he doesn’t play too many base Ds. If we were to sign him , that would have to change.

Ive been a Mo Wilkerson fan for a long time, but this seems like a weird target for us.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

I’m pretty sure I read he doesn’t play too many base Ds. If we were to sign him , that would have to change.

Ive been a Mo Wilkerson fan for a long time, but this seems like a weird target for us.

Yeah I didn't want to spend money on another DL. But it would be interesting.

3 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

We play 2 DL on every play. Mike Daniels played way too much last year. I'd love to have a fresher Daniels and Clark all season.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We play 2 DL on every play. Mike Daniels played way too much last year. I'd love to have a fresher Daniels and Clark all season.

We better go cheaper than Mo then. He’s certainly gonna cost more than a rotation guy. Would rather just have Lowry , Dial and Adams. Spend money elsewhere 

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

We better go cheaper than Mo then. He’s certainly gonna cost more than a rotation guy. Would rather just have Lowry , Dial and Adams. Spend money elsewhere 

You can still get the snap numbers up to warrant the pay. Those bigs are getting plenty of rest in this league, minus some of the freaks.

I'd just rather that money was going to a corner, I'd say pass rusher but they get overpaid af and I don't like many available.

Or maybe I'm just talking myself into this.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

You can still get the snap numbers up to warrant the pay. Those bigs are getting plenty of rest in this league, minus some of the freaks.

I'd just rather that money was going to a corner, I'd say pass rusher but they get overpaid af and I don't like many available.

I guess we could. I’m happy with our depth at D-Line though.

Not too thrilled with the FAs as well. Would take a hard look at guys like Butler, Fuller and Mo Claiborne.

Pass rusher.. meh

17 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You think if the staff was comfortable playing the current BIGs we have big snaps they would've done it? The fact that Clark and Daniels were gassed should tell you how much they want them on the field.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You think if the staff was comfortable playing the current BIGs we have big snaps they would've done it? The fact that Clark and Daniels were gassed should tell you how much they want them on the field.

No I think they both players too many snaps. That's what I was trying to say but I can see how it wasn't very clear.

I definitely would love to see M Wilk in GB. Clark, Daniels, Wilk with Lowry/Adams for depth would probably be the best front we've had in the 3-4 era (maybe Jenkins/2nd year raji/pickett... this one would probably be better rushing, that one was an immovable wall)

Throw in another playmaking LB and DB in rounds 1-3 and we'd be in serious business (especially if we got a jump from the year 2-3 guys)

Were we playing a lot of 2 man fronts for pure match up purposes, or because we didn't really have the quality bodies  after Clark and Daniels (Lowry, hurt adams, and scrubs)?

Also too, Wilk, I know he hasn't done it in 2 years, but he has had double digit sacks 2x (had in the same ball park as Daniels and Clark last year). This guy isn't just a stiff and would give additional quality options rushing, which has been our biggest need the last 2 years.

5 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

We “played” 2 DL. No one know how often Pettine will play 3 DL. 

The league as a whole doesn't play much for 3 DL. Even if we played base D the most out of everybody that's like 30% of the snaps or something I think I saw at one point.

Keeping Daniels off the field on run downs and taking Clark out of some of the passing situations helps everyone though. I doubt Wilkerson gets PAID so if he's looking at a short term contract I could see why we'd bring him in for a year or two.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

The league as a whole doesn't play much for 3 DL. Even if we played base D the most out of everybody that's like 30% of the snaps or something I think I saw at one point.

Keeping Daniels off the field on run downs and taking Clark out of some of the passing situations helps everyone though. I doubt Wilkerson gets PAID so if he's looking at a short term contract I could see why we'd bring him in for a year or two.

What if I don't want to take Daniels off the field for run downs, am I crazy

Archived