Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If Wilkerson signs a 1-2 year prove it deal, I'll be mad we didn't get him. If some team thinks he can relive his younger years and throws 4 years at him? They can have him.

This is exactly where I am.  The only difference is I wouldn't even be okay with a 2 year deal, and I'm 99% sure he is going to sign that 3-4 year deal.

Seattle is apparently shopping Michael Bennett. Though he is older (32  to 28), he comes with less baggage (other than his deadbeat brother), He also would probably be a cheaper signing, at least as far as the cap was concerned, because Wilkerson has made it clear he wants to make a lot of money. IF he played up to his abilities, Wilkerson would be the obvious choice. But if given a big money contract, would he become the next Albert Haynesworth? There should be some serious interest in Wilkerson, so he won't be cheap. If the Packers make this move, they should do so with some kind of guarantees they could get rid of him with minimal cap consequences. So, I'm on the fence about this one. This is one of those "boom/bust" moves. So, what the heck, its not my money, why not? 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I really thought nobody here would suggest Michael Bennett.  I really thought that was one name we could avoid.  You let me down, ricky.  You let me down. 

Exactly. My first thought was “You’ve got to be shi... me!!!”

6 hours ago, ricky said:

Seattle is apparently shopping Michael Bennett. Though he is older (32  to 28), he comes with less baggage (other than his deadbeat brother), He also would probably be a cheaper signing, at least as far as the cap was concerned, because Wilkerson has made it clear he wants to make a lot of money. IF he played up to his abilities, Wilkerson would be the obvious choice. But if given a big money contract, would he become the next Albert Haynesworth? There should be some serious interest in Wilkerson, so he won't be cheap. If the Packers make this move, they should do so with some kind of guarantees they could get rid of him with minimal cap consequences. So, I'm on the fence about this one. This is one of those "boom/bust" moves. So, what the heck, its not my money, why not? 

NO f'n way!

6 hours ago, ricky said:

That lieing mther pecker. He lied about that whole Vegas bs thing. Given the fact that his brother crapped on us, why would you even consider his brother to do the same. This post floors me. 

So, Michael Bennett is "Plan B"? Seriously, I suggested the guy because he is productive and would be a lot cheaper than Wilkerson. I also did mention his "deadbeat brother". But to link the two as one player is wrong. Do you have a deadbeat relative? Does that make you a bad person? I think he's a viable option. Remember, when Martellus was signed, he was seen as a great addition by a lot of people. It was only later we found out he was a jerk. Here are his stats from last year: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BennMi99.htm

Here are the stats for Wilkerson: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilkMu00.htm Now, add in the facts that he is a possible locker room cancer, that he is lackadaisical about the rules, and he's going to want a lot of money, do you really want to limit your options? Wilkerson has caused problems so severe the team is trying to dump him on someone else. Bennett is a cap casualty. And yet, because of his brother's nonsense, he gets labeled the "bad guy". I originally at least partially in jest said that since its not my money, sure, sign Wilkerson. But don't complain when he shows he has a "me first" attitude, flaunts the rules and gets into clashes with coaches. Because its going to happen. Tigers and stripes. Leopards and spots. Wilkerson and selfishness.

I have a ton of deadbeat relatives, and if they told me that an employer sucks and that they had just left that employer on extremely bad terms, I probably wouldn't take a job with that employer.  One difference though is that I have deadbeat relatives, but I am not a deadbeat piece of crap idiot person.  Both Bennetts are that which I just said. 

Archived