Draft Hot Takes

DaBoys

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

All three for QBs. Buff moves up. Steelers move up. Cards move up.

D. Moore. C. Ridley. J. Washington.

I thought PIT and ARI also, intersting pick on BUF.  Makes sense if I think about it.  I like it.  The WRs I have slightly differently also.  I see C. Kirk instead of Washington.

Just now, Super4 said:

I thought PIT and ARI also, intersting pick on BUF.  Makes sense if I think about it.  I like it.  The WRs I have slightly differently also.  I see C. Kirk instead of Washington.

Yeah, I know you really like Kirk. He might go in the 1st. I just expected him to test better. I think that pushes him into round 2. Which, I think, bodes well for say us.

Loving that Justin Reid ran a 4.4 flat. He is a very solid safety. Won't embaress himself or the team. Not flashy or a huge playmaker, but would be a great prevent guy.

Holton Hill increased his stock a bit. 6-3 guys that can run a 4.5 are very much desired in this league. Honestly before that draft I thought he might measure in at 6-1 TBH.

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

All three for QBs. Buff moves up. Steelers move up. Cards move up.

I'll turn this around and say either the Broncos or the Jets move up for a QB- possibly both, if Kirk Cousins is indeed Minnesota-bound.

Two years ago, we saw the Rams and the Eagles finesse their way from the early teens into the Top 2 for their preferred QBs. Last year, we saw a team move up one freaking pick to lock theirs in. At any rate, the trend seems to be: if you like a top QB and you don't have a Top 2 pick, you're moving up for him. I'll split the difference and say this time, the Giants (who are still publicly backing Eli), are gonna trade out to 5 or 6. And if they don't, the Colts surely will.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Loving that Justin Reid ran a 4.4 flat. He is a very solid safety. Won't embaress himself or the team. Not flashy or a huge playmaker, but would be a great prevent guy.

Holton Hill increased his stock a bit. 6-3 guys that can run a 4.5 are very much desired in this league. Honestly before that draft I thought he might measure in at 6-1 TBH.

Wouldn't touch Hill. Seen a awhile back on a Longhorns board that the 3 failed drug tests that got him suspended for remainder of last season, may just be the tip of the iceberg. Have seen he may have failed as many as 9.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Wouldn't touch Hill. Seen a awhile back on a Longhorns board that the 3 failed drug tests that got him suspended for remainder of last season, may just be the tip of the iceberg. Have seen he may have failed as many as 9.

Lol yea I wouldn't touch him until the 5th, but if he is there at a late 5th for us or even better the 7th. That's a risk worth taking and might even have him eat some humble pie.

Still though Justin Reid. Go watch him.

Dallas trades Dez Bryant to move way up from their second round pick to pick 12 and select Derwin James.

Then attempts to replace Bryant sith Kirk or Moore or Washington or someone like that at 19.

And then we all got bored and turned off our video game consoles.

This is a niche take specific to our team, but I'd rather take a WR at 19 if we keep Dez than if we release him.

Getting rid of our highest paid player and using our highest draft pick to replace him just reeks of desperation, running in place, etc- like we're gonna end up caught in some sort of "3-4 WRs in 6-8 picks" sort of run and end up reaching. I've said this repeatedly, but if we choose to move on from Dez, we need to reallocate those resources, diversify our portfolio so to speak, across the OL, Front 7, and/or a veteran safety of some sort.

OTOH, should we want to stay offense first and foremost in terms of resource allocation and identity... I like Calvin Ridley a lot better as a Dez complement than as a Dez replacement.

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I hope we offer Dez an extension that reduces his cap and draft a receiver. This can hopefully help us find a receiver to take over for Dez and move on from TWill.

Im torally on board with this.

Dez has never been the double coverage beating sharp route runner that can be a 12 reception guy unless youre forcing it to him repeatedly; he needs that extra guy on the opposite end to threaten the safeties and keep him facing standard coverages to be the monster we have seen him be.

Lower his cap number somehow, and replace the Bigger problem on the offense - T. Williams.

Williams' routes are sloppy. He is a so/so catcher of the football. And he struggles against fast cover guys in man coverage worse than even Witten does at his age.

Bring a real threat to the field, a guy capable of catching a lot of balls and separating from a D for.a huge gain, and Dez gets to be Dez again. And Beasley wont have a second bracket pushing him off his route any more. This passing game is much better then.

And it doesnt have to be a.top tier 1st round guy either. Just someone who can reliably catch a ball and threaten a defense with a long gain, either vertically or by shaking tacklers.

Archived