49ers sign CB Richard Sherman

marky mark

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How many of these stick-it opportunities really do stick it to the 1st team?

Remember when Troy Polamalu signed with Cincinnati, and it caused an uproar in the local Pittsburgh papers?

Oh wait, that was my franchise mode in Madden 2006. Nevermind.

21 minutes ago, marky mark said:

I said it before and I will keep saying it Richard Sherman to the 49ers will happen,Only other team I see is the Packers ,I will say my Raiders but I just don't see that happening I think we go younger 

1 hour ago, BABPITT said:

I said it before and I will keep saying it Richard Sherman to the 49ers will happen,Only other team I see is the Packers ,I will say my Raiders but I just don't see that happening I think we go younger 

Not sure Green Bay is going to be big on Sherman, unless it's a super-cheap 1 year deal.  They're already limited financially (~$21M in cap space) so they'd probably be adverse to spending big money on a corner coming off a torn Achilles.  The Packers have the need, but I think they're more likely to splurge on someone like Trumaine Johnson or even into that second tier like Morris Claiborne or E.J. Gaines.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure Green Bay is going to be big on Sherman, unless it's a super-cheap 1 year deal.  They're already limited financially (~$21M in cap space) so they'd probably be adverse to spending big money on a corner coming off a torn Achilles.  The Packers have the need, but I think they're more likely to splurge on someone like Trumaine Johnson or even into that second tier like Morris Claiborne or E.J. Gaines.

Make sense, I like Sherman a lot and will love him on the Raiders but with all the injury the Raiders had last year we just don't have time for another player to rehab.Raiders need to push hard for Johnson or Butler 

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt he say he wanted to go to a contender though? Alot of those teams...arent 

I dunno. A lot of those teams are on the up.

San Fran immediately improved with Jimmy G, Think the Titans can contend for the AFC South, Texans too with a healthy Deshaun and Watt. Lions and Raiders have good QB's who can always challenge. Never count out the Pack with A-Rod under centre and Tampa Bay should improve from last season.

I'd say there's a lot of potential within the teams listed. Potential that might attract Sherm to one of them. 

2 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

I dunno. A lot of those teams are on the up.

San Fran immediately improved with Jimmy G, Think the Titans can contend for the AFC South, Texans too with a healthy Deshaun and Watt. Lions and Raiders have good QB's who can always challenge. Never count out the Pack with A-Rod under centre and Tampa Bay should improve from last season.

I'd say there's a lot of potential within the teams listed. Potential that might attract Sherm to one of them. 

Potential, sure i'll agree with that but when i hear the word contender i assume they mean more hard evidence. Not if "this guy(s) improve and take the next step they might be there. A proven team that has experience in the playoffs with success. 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Potential, sure i'll agree with that but when i hear the word contender i assume they mean more hard evidence. Not if "this guy(s) improve and take the next step they might be there. A proven team that has experience in the playoffs with success. 

Which is probably why he's constantly linked with the Pats.

That, and the fact you could certainly imagine BB signing him. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Well yea NE is always assumed to get all the good players that have been cut loose for whatever reason.

Doesn't always lead to success though.

Yeah New England's status as perennial SB challengers will always attract players. There's never a guarantee of winning a ring but going to NE is probably the closest you can get to one I suppose. 

49ers makes too much sense not only for Sherman to "stick it" to the Seahawks, but also for his career outside of the NFL. He has plenty of business interests and silicon valley connections and he went to Stanford, etc. etc.

It just makes too much sense not to happen if he's healthy.

Archived