The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

could have already been in their protection before the fall of the Republic. In all the chaos it could have fallen into anyone's hands, probably multiple factions. 

Even if you factor that in, Frank could still send Vader or any number of Inquisitors after it.  Those guys went down hard to a bounty hunter droid and a Mandalorian.  Vader would make quicker work of them than the poor saps on the Tantive IV, and an Inquisitor would dispatch them with ease.  

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Apparently there are no movies scheduled after the Game of Thrones guys left, and I read something where Bob Iger seems to think there is a huge future market for series like these.  They are likely going to end up doing the same with Marvel. 

You can do so much more in a series spanning several episodes than you can with a 2.5 hour movie. 

41 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Definitely off to a great start.  I'm really enjoying Favreau's western take on Star Wars.  ILM knocked the CGI out of the park and Pedro Pascal is such a nice fit for our protagonist.

Can we re-do the sequel trilogy with Favreau at the helm? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

You literally have nothing to judge Disney plus on except episode one of The Madalorian which was excellent. 

Oh yea? Those in charge of Star Wars of done nothing to warrant concern for that series? That's the hill you wanna die on? Jon Faveraeu is the only thing about that project that had me keeping even the slightest bit of faith. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Definitely off to a great start.  I'm really enjoying Favreau's western take on Star Wars.  ILM knocked the CGI out of the park and Pedro Pascal is such a nice fit for our protagonist.

Star Wars was always a Space Western.  Lucas literally stole shots from John Ford in A New Hope.  Nice to see Favreau getting back to that.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Apparently there are no movies scheduled after the Game of Thrones guys left, and I read something where Bob Iger seems to think there is a huge future market for series like these.  They are likely going to end up doing the same with Marvel. 

If they gave Kevin Feige total control, I just cant imagine them giving them a HBO rating greenlit type studio for Disney Plus.

18 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Can we redo this thread without devolving into shots at the recent trilogy?  Some of us actually enjoy it. 

Nope.  Some people have to hate things so much they want to complain and try to steal the enjoyment from others.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh yea? Those in charge of Star Wars of done nothing to warrant concern for that series? That's the hill you wanna die on? Jon Faveraeu is the only thing about that project that had me keeping even the slightest bit of faith. 

This is a very true statement.  My hope is that, even with the large budget, that the higher-ups were just too engrossed in the film's production that they left Favreau to his own devices.  

Part of the show going to different planets and the city he was in to collect bounties really reminded me of The Old Republic and traveling around.  Even though they are nameless planets, they did a great job detailing them.  The little things like this that stick out mean a lot to me at least.  

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Can we redo this thread without devolving into shots at the recent trilogy?  Some of us actually enjoy it. 

Yes. Please keep trilogy talk that is not related to this series in the movie threads. Not saying that this has happened yet, I just want to get the warning out there now lol

• Like 1