Broncos trade Aqib Talib to RAMS

RamPackFan

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

Man I don't know. Is Talib almost as good as Tru? We're going to be paying him $11 mil and sent a 5th round pick. For a little more we would've had a shot at Johnson and kept our 5th. 

Really bummed NRC won't come back. 

Tru isn't that good....He's an okay #2 corner who wants to be paid like a top 5 guy..

14 hours ago, chris00cm said:

I'm betting they stay quiet in free agency, accumulating a 3rd and 4th round comp pick for these two in the next draft.

I dont think quiet is the right word. We have some money, so if we dont get Watkins back, I bet we are getting some short term contract guys.

Especially some of the cut guys, because those guys dont count against recouping future compensatory picks. So if a Suh would get cut, we could toss him a bunch of money on a short deal, and it wouldnt count against the Tru/Sammy comp picks for 2019.

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think quiet is the right word. We have some money, so if we dont get Watkins back, I bet we are getting some short term contract guys.

Especially some of the cut guys, because those guys dont count against recouping future compensatory picks. So if a Suh would get cut, we could toss him a bunch of money on a short deal, and it wouldnt count against the Tru/Sammy comp picks for 2019.

If you guys freaking get Suh I quit xD

47 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just for discussions sake, does anyone think Suh could play NT in Wade's defense? What would a 1-2year deal look like?

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

If you guys freaking get Suh I quit xD

I’d rather hope Vea falls to about 15-17 range and the Rams try to move up to grab him. I loved Suh coming out but he will still be somewhat expensive and to tie up that much money with him Brockers and Donald on the dline I just can’t see. The only way I’d like for the Rams to get Suh is if the contract is right. Suh will have a lot of bidders so I don’t think the Rams should get into a bidding war for him.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just for discussions sake, does anyone think Suh could play NT in Wade's defense? What would a 1-2year deal look like?

He could definitely do it, I would think we still draft another young guys to rotate there. But he could do it.

As far as a contract, it depends on what he wants. Does he finally want to win? Or does he want to cash in again?

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sub would absolutely destroy as our NT. I'm still hoping for a trade up for Vea. But Suh would fit perfectly in our scheme 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

He could definitely do it, I would think we still draft another young guys to rotate there. But he could do it.

As far as a contract, it depends on what he wants. Does he finally want to win? Or does he want to cash in again?

I'm torn between Suh and Poe as our NT via FA. If we can secure one of those two, then the draft can focus on ILB/OLB (deep class) and Oline depth.  And signing Sammy to a 1yr prove it deal as well. Do we have enough in the budget for Suh 2yr 22Mil (13 guaranteed) and Sammy 1yr 11mil?

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm torn between Suh and Poe as our NT via FA. If we can secure one of those two, then the draft can focus on ILB/OLB (deep class) and Oline depth.  And signing Sammy to a 1yr prove it deal as well. Do we have enough in the budget for Suh 2yr 22Mil (13 guaranteed) and Sammy 1yr 11mil?

Lets all be clear here. Suh is not a Free Agent yet. And I dont think Poe is someone we will be looking at, as he is likely to be trying to finally get his long term deal.

But I will say this, we can make anything happen for 1 or 2 Free Agents. We have the room for that, it just means sacrificing elsewhere. Your scenario is possible, even doable, but it would make getting NRC back harder, and we still have to get a Center on this team, Plus other supplemental/impact players.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Lets all be clear here. Suh is not a Free Agent yet. And I dont think Poe is someone we will be looking at, as he is likely to be trying to finally get his long term deal.

But I will say this, we can make anything happen for 1 or 2 Free Agents. We have the room for that, it just means sacrificing elsewhere. Your scenario is possible, even doable, but it would make getting NRC back harder, and we still have to get a Center on this team, Plus other supplemental/impact players.

I actually really liked how Blythe played in his sparing time. NRC is a must sign so I agree with you there. My priorities are Sammy and NRC. Once we get that done, I am curious what we can do with the remainder. I'm thinking a flyer on a Trent Murphy (makes too much sense given the connections) and a Todd Davis at ILB. I would LOVE Navarro Bowman. But Trent, Todd, and Navarro should/could come fairly cheap on short term deals. When you show FA's that you are in win now mode like we have because of Goff's success on his rookie deal, they will come looking for a ring. We are sort of following the Eagles outlook from last year. And with that outlook, we may also need a veteran back up QB on this roster.

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I actually really liked how Blythe played in his sparing time.

No clue what you saw there, he is nothing but a backup at this point, and could certainly be upgraded over in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

But Trent, Todd, and Navarro should/could come fairly cheap on short term deals.

I think you are off base here. Murphy would come the cheapest, but its not going to be on a Vet minimum or anything. Davis is a valuable run stuffer, and we may have the edge with Wade here, but we are going to have to match anything else he gets (Id expect a medium length deal worth $4-6 AAV depending on the market) And while Bowman may be a shorter deal, he is a impact player, he will be getting a good deal.

Archived