Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Something drove them to that idiocy. Coaches don't arbitrarily decide to change QBs mid season in a playoff race... especially when the alternative is a rookie fifth rounder. How badly does a staff have to think of how you are playing to make that call?

More idiocy. That's all there was to it.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Something drove them to that idiocy. Coaches don't arbitrarily decide to change QBs mid season in a playoff race... especially when the alternative is a rookie fifth rounder. How badly does a staff have to think of how you are playing to make that call?

Who cares if he’s an idiot 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

A proven starter...who was benched last year for Nathan Peterman, a fifth round rookie quarterback...in the middle of a playoff race. As ill advised as that decision was, there was something that drove Buffalo to do it 

Yes, he's a proven starter. Proven to be what though. I think most people just feel that there were comparable options available without giving up a pick that high. Even if you don't over value the pick, it still has some value and it's very easy to argue it's higher than a guy who at most probably starts one year for you and is strictly a bridge quarterback

Before all the very recent unpleasantness, Tyrod had 3 respectable seasons on a run-oriented team. He also rushed for 500 yards a season the past 3 years.

Maybe CLE could've spent that pick on yet another rookie who won't contribute to any wins. It's a 3rd rounder. No big deal.

Just now, mistakey said:

And I’m sure tyrod Taylor had nothing to do with that.  Hmm. 

Yeah, those under 100 yard games passing were a huge boon to their playoff aspirations. Not to mention the half dozen other games under 200.

There's a reason Buffalo fans are stoked about this. 

Tyrod Taylor is easily the best QB the Browns have had in years. Come on, the Peterman move was a mistake that a team that had suffered two absolute beatdowns felt they needed to make to "spark" the team (read: the owner wanted to play him) and it backfired. They realized it was stupid and moved past it.

Tyrod is a solid quarterback that gives them stability and a proven productive player at the NFL level that they can use to start games while the QB they do draft (why are we acting like they don't still have a ****load of money and picks) can sit and learn and not need to get the crap beaten out of him by starting before he's ready. This is a good move for them because it gives them flexibility in what they can now do in the draft.

i love this for cleveland

surround tyrod with barkley at 1, you add another defensive piece like chubb or fitzpatrick at four, you've got yourself s very competent roster

get barkley at one, use tyrod as a bridge for mayfield at four, i like it less but still like it - higher risk though higher reward

a quarterback at one overall, any qb, or drafting a qb not named baker mayfield at four, and cleveland are big dumb idiots

they're going to be big dumb idiots i know it

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, those under 100 yard games passing were a huge boon to their playoff aspirations. Not to mention the half dozen other games under 200.

And there’s a reason why he’s 22-20 with a 60 percent completion percentage and a 7 ypa with a high touchdown to turnover ratio 

can you see why a team who has had 1 win in 2 years would gladly welcome tyrod Taylor? 

And then likely take all the picks back when buffalo trades up for a qb at 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm stoked we got a high pick but people just crapping on Tyrod like he's hot garbage is clearly hyperbole and nonsense. He's a solid but unspectacular NFL starting quarterback. Who probably has more receiving talent on the team now than he had in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Buffalo fans got to the playoffs for the first since 1999 and are trading away the QB that did that, say what you want about how they got there and how bad Tyrod played he still did something no other QB has in almost 20 years. 

I totally get why they're trading him, they don't see him as their QBOTF so why not trade him? But they're going to regret it. 

Archived