Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Because it's the Browns.

But Tyrod is virtually guaranteed to be injured behind that OL and he's gonna fumble more than once.

The Browns are weak in several areas, but interior lines (OL and DL) are not one of them. I couldn't name five teams that are stronger in the interior.

18 minutes ago, DawgX said:

LOL. Why would a bridge QB mean we pass on a QB in the first round?

Um, yeah. I mean, I'm not as smart about this as a lot of you guys, but when I first read this I figured that Tyrod Taylor was acquired specifically to be a bridge, and that means that they will be drafting Darnold or Allen or somebody, who can sit and learn for a while- rather than throwing a baby into the swimming pool like they did with young Kizer Permanente.

4 minutes ago, bzane said:

Um, yeah. I mean, I'm not as smart about this as a lot of you guys, but when I first read this I figured that Tyrod Taylor was acquired specifically to be a bridge, and that means that they will be drafting Darnold or Allen or somebody, who can sit and learn for a while- rather than throwing a baby into the swimming pool like they did with young Kizer Permanente.

I get that but that will mean they spent a high 1st and high 3rd on QB, not exactly the smartest course of action. Having said that, I think there's a chance they don't draft a first round QB.

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Because it's the Browns.

But Tyrod is virtually guaranteed to be injured behind that OL and he's gonna fumble more than once.

Um the Bills offensive line was worse than the Brown, pass blocking wise. That is also with Thomas being hurt for most of the season. That was also with a horrible hue scheme that was basically nothing but deep balls and extremely slow developing route combinations. Haley is going to call a better offense than Hue. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Um the Bills offensive line was worse than the Brown, pass blocking wise. That is also with Thomas being hurt for most of the season. That was also with a horrible hue scheme that was basically nothing but deep balls and extremely slow developing route combinations. Haley is going to call a better offense than Hue. 

Trust me, we know what Haley is gonna bring to that offense.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

And Rashard Higgins will break TD records based on that game.

Fair enough but my point was that was a glimpse of the inconsistency issues on that OL 

Also in regards to the Cleveland DL , I don't recall saying a word about that.

It's easy to scrutinize Cleveland's decision making, let's be honest. I'm not trolling at all but all too often what looks like good moves turns out to be more wasted time. I'm not convinced this isn't more of the same.

15 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah but we have Dawkins who could fill in at LT and it would save us a lot of cap space. I would personally like to keep Glenn but I could see a reason to trade him. Especially if he stands between us a Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

Basically this,

In an ideal world Dawkins and Glenn are the Bills bookend tackles moving forward. But with the cap space that can be saved and Glenn's inability to stay healthy, makes trading him likely. 

A 3rd rounder for a proven NFL QB sounds OK to me. I think people are now OVERVALUING the 65th pick if they suspect this was a bad trade for CLE.

CLE has a crapload of picks, so burning a 3rd rounder for TT isn't a bad idea.

1 minute ago, freak_of_nature said:

A 3rd rounder for a proven NFL QB sounds OK to me. I think people are now OVERVALUING the 65th pick if they suspect this was a bad trade for CLE.

yeah a Proven QB who would of at least won this team 10+ games the past two years.

He wont win the Browns games but he wont cost them games. I want to see what he can do with the talent around him. IMO the Browns have a group of Weapons at WR that is better than anything he had in Buffalo. 

I also think he makes a huge impact in the locker room. 

Hue tried trading a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron, so trading just a 3rd for Tyrod is damn good to me.

11 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

A proven starter...who was benched last year for Nathan Peterman, a fifth round rookie quarterback...in the middle of a playoff race. As ill advised as that decision was, there was something that drove Buffalo to do it 

Yes, he's a proven starter. Proven to be what though. I think most people just feel that there were comparable options available without giving up a pick that high. Even if you don't over value the pick, it still has some value and it's very easy to argue it's higher than a guy who at most probably starts one year for you and is strictly a bridge quarterback

Just now, Forge said:

A proven starter...who was benched last year for Nathan Peterman, a fifth round rookie quarterback...in the middle of a playoff race. As ill advised as that decision was, there was something that drove Buffalo to do it 

Yes, he's a proven starter. Proven to be what though. I think most people just feel that there were comparable options available without giving up a pick that high. Even if you don't over value the pick, it still has some value and it's very easy to argue it's high than a guy who at most probably starts one year for you and is strictly a bridge quarterback

Idiocy.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Idiocy.

Something drove them to that idiocy. Coaches don't arbitrarily decide to change QBs mid season in a playoff race... especially when the alternative is a rookie fifth rounder. How badly does a staff have to think of how you are playing to make that call?

Archived