Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

49erurtaza

I wonder if the Browns targeting mobile QBs in the veteran market (they attempted to acquire Alex Smith earlier in the offseason) suggests who'll they'll (or won't) target in the draft. Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson all incorporate a good amount of movement into their games but Rosen seems to be the odd man out.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

You don't think Taylor had anything to do with getting Rick Dennison fired? :)

I'm not saying that at all. I've made my feelings on Tyrod perfectly clear. Dennison was as bad of a coordinator as Tyrod is a starting QB though.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wonder if the Browns targeting mobile QBs in the veteran market (they attempted to acquire Alex Smith earlier in the offseason) suggests who'll they'll (or won't) target in the draft. Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson all incorporate a good amount of movement into their games but Rosen seems to be the odd man out.

Rosen denied it at the Combine, but remember he reportedly expressed doubts about going to CLE - but was extensively reported in December before he declared for the draft.   Dorsey doesn't strike me as a guy who would go there with that in mind.

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't think weapons were the problem for Taylor. Marquise Goodwin looked like a completely different player once he had a decent QB throwing him the ball. Same for Robert Woods. 

Taylor's issue has been his inability to make the right decisions, and throwing a good spiral. He just isn't that good. 

I agree with you, just saying he has better weapons than before . He can be a 21 touchdown-13 isn't -600 yard rushing type player .

rhats an upgrade for the browns .

Also just herd on the radio that the browns could trade Coleman.

34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So you're saying the other teams were offering fair compensation for Tyrod? I see.

I still don't get this trade at all. The Landry and Damarious trades were good for the Browns. But Tyrod isn't the answer.... a high 3rd round pick is way to high for a QB who honestly won't even be considered the starter this time next year.

Dude we took Cody Kessler with a 3rd round pick and he still lived up to his draft status and got us 0 wins.  The 4 wins we get from tyrod will be worth It for our emotional sanity 

Archived