Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

sdrawkcab321

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He had decent weapons with Buffalo but if you look at a Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman, and NJoku, I think that is better than what the Bills hand. It all rides on if Gordon can stay clean. I would also say Watkins and Woods needed a better QB to really show something. Maybe some better weapons makes Tyrod slightly better.

Yeah having a better QB and a safety blanket of a WR like Landry is going to make the defense so much better by keeping them off the field and not putting them in horrible situations and actually would give them points to work with. 

I'd probably disagree on the top part just because you're accounting for a Josh Gordon in his prime but honestly it doesn't matter.

I like the way the Browns are setting themselves for the upcoming season and I wish you guys luck, I've always thought the Browns and Bills were two sets of fans that had an understanding that we don't with other teams so I'm always rooting for you guys. 

11 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'd probably disagree on the top part just because you're accounting for a Josh Gordon in his prime but honestly it doesn't matter.

I like the way the Browns are setting themselves for the upcoming season and I wish you guys luck, I've always thought the Browns and Bills were two sets of fans that had an understanding that we don't with other teams so I'm always rooting for you guys. 

if the Browns moved again I wouldn't be a Bills fan, I wouldnt be a fan of any NFL team, but I would pretty much root for the Bills in any game I watched.  Seeing their fans root for a competitive team has been inspirational in light of our present ineptitude.

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

if the Browns moved again I wouldn't be a Bills fan, I wouldnt be a fan of any NFL team, but I would pretty much root for the Bills in any game I watched.  Seeing their fans root for a competitive team has been inspirational in light of our present ineptitude.

I totally get that and would probably be the same. Either the Browns or the Lions or both. There's something about that Lake Erie water that breeds fans that I honestly don't think exist outside of those fan bases. We had a great season last year but it's been rough the past 17 years before that so definitely hang in there, it will turn around eventually. The crappy moments make the good ones so much sweeter!

I don't want Tyrod Taylor. I didn't want to sign him for free, letalone trade a draft pick for him. He's not the worst QB in the world, but he's not in the top 20. Oh well...it's a temporary band-aid over a position that has been a coathanger abortion for years now.

He's the best QB we've had in a long time, but most certainly not going to make the need for a QB go away.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't want Tyrod Taylor. I didn't want to sign him for free, letalone trade a draft pick for him. He's not the worst QB in the world, but he's not in the top 20. Oh well...it's a temporary band-aid over a position that has been a coathanger abortion for years now.

He's the best QB we've had in a long time, but most certainly not going to make the need for a QB go away.

And nobody is acting like he is. We're still going to draft someone. Do you want to draft a guy and throw him into the fire like we did with Kizer?

EDIT: What would you have us do at QB?

5 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

And nobody is acting like he is. We're still going to draft someone. Do you want to draft a guy and throw him into the fire like we did with Kizer?

EDIT: What would you have us do at QB?

Sign a veteran. Or wait until Tyrod Taylor was released.

Do anything but throw away a relatively high draft pick for a dude that was going to be released anyways. Tyrod Taylor's grow on trees. There are like 4-5 FA QB's I'd take over him that wouldn't have required trading a pick. And there are other QB's I'd rather have traded a pick to acquire than Tyrod if we felt the need to trade for a veteran. Hundley or Brissett would have been just fine if we felt the need to trade for someone.

Taylor is checkdown charlie. He doesn't fit what we have on offense with Gordon and Coleman being big downfield threats. I can see him throwing 3 yards into the flat to Njoku and Landry all day and never letting Gordon or Coleman go get a 50/50 ball. He's pretty bad.

Hundley impressed the Packers so much that they traded for DeShone Kizer. 

Taylor throws a good deep ball he just doesn't take huge risks all day. Doesn't mean he isn't gonna go long now and again but nobody is arguing he's an elite passer either. Considering we have wasted 3rd round picks on guys like Leon McFadden and Kessler and McCoy and all these bums, getting a season of a solid steady starter at QB that will take care of the ball for one isn't that big of a deal. Any of the vets out there right now have issues. Hundley and Brissett are garb, Barb. 

McCown is 67 years old and all of his friends he was drafted into the league with are dead. 

Bradford's knee is made of dust.

Teddy Bridgewater will want a chance to resurrect his career. 

McCarron is a jabroni. Total dud. 

Hoyer is basically the Uncle Rico of the NFL. 

Chase Daniel is a chubby stubby backup who I am unsure if he has ever even attempted a pass. 

Case Keenum is the star of the upcoming Matt Flynn biopic of players who get cash money for like 4 good games. 

Who? Who is gonna save us?

It also just tickles me that posters on here act like Gordon/Coleman are some studs. Neither has proven anything. Gordon is the only WR in the history of the NFL that managed to figure out a way to fall from grace quicker than Braylon Edwards did. 

Coleman will cut himself shaving or something and miss half of the year. 

All we really have on offense right now is dump offs to Landry, Njoku dropping passes and running wrong routes, and Duke Johnson trying like really really hard. Anyone expecting success with the roster we have right now is encouraged to join me in reality any time. It's not gonna be pretty next year. People get that, right?

1 minute ago, carl_sjunior said:

It also just tickles me that posters on here act like Gordon/Coleman are some studs. Neither has proven anything. Gordon is the only WR in the history of the NFL that managed to figure out a way to fall from grace quicker than Braylon Edwards did. 

Coleman will cut himself shaving or something and miss half of the year. 

All we really have on offense right now is dump offs to Landry, Njoku dropping passes and running wrong routes, and Duke Johnson trying like really really hard. Anyone expecting success with the roster we have right now is encouraged to join me in reality any time. It's not gonna be pretty next year. People get that, right?

You’re a real buzz kill.

Let me have my off-season hope and happiness. There are four months out of the year that I don’t get that. 

Not a fan of Tyrod Taylor at all, but oh well. We still crushed it today regardless of the Tyrod trade.

So bigger question:

What does our liking of Tyrod Taylor tell us about the QB we might be targeting in the draft? Maybe it means nothing (I hope it does), but his skill set is the most like Baker Mayfield out of the top 4 QB's. Mayfield has the most game manager-ey traits because of his accuracy and his ability to make plays with his legs and his arm. I'd be perfectly content with Saquon at #1 and Baker at #4. I still want Darnold or Rosen at 1, but I'd be fine with the Barkley/Mayfield scenario too.

QB: Taylor/Mayfield/Hogan

RB: Barkley/Johnson/Dayes

FB: (6th round pick)

WR: Gordon/Coleman/Landry/PRYOR/(5th round pick)/(6th round pick)

TE: Njoku/DeValve/Telfer

LT: Thomas/(2nd round pick)

LG: Bitonio/Martin

C: Tretter/Reiter

RG: Zeitler/Drango

RT: Coleman/Johnson

I like it. I like it a lot.

LE: Ogbah/Nassib

DT: Shelton/Ogunjobi/Coley/Brantley

RE: Garrett/FORD

WLB: Kirksey/(4th round pick)

MLB: Schobert/JONES/(7th round pick)

SLB: Collins/Burgess

CB: JOHNSON/(2nd round pick)/BBC/Taylor/Wilson

FS: Randall/McCourty

SS: Peppers/Kindred

Pretty good squad.

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

This tips our hand to Darnold being numero uno. 

I'd also bet we don't jump down from 4 now unless it involves crazy future compensation. 

Barkley or Chubb will be the pick there. 

Why do you say this? I don't think any of these moves point to Darnold going #1. It doesn't make it any more or less likely we take Darnold. I think of the top 4 QB's, Mayfield is the most like Taylor.

And why would trading down now become less likely than it did yesterday? I don't see how the Tyrod Taylor trade really affected our draft strategy in the first round. Instead of signing a middling FA QB, we traded for one. All it did was cost us a 3rd round pick instead of some FA dollars. Nothing really changed here, unless you're implying that Darnold is the most similar QB to Taylor, which I'd disagree with.

Archived