Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soflbillsfan

Tyrod Taylor traded to Browns

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe you guys will be sending that 65th pick back to us in a trade up to #4. ;)

Picks 21, 22 and 65 works out to pick #4 so I am goo with that ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Mayfields precision passing is actually better than Rosen. Rosen has advantage in arm strength. But as accuracy goes there is no one that comes close to Baker. 70% completion percentage two years in a row.

 

Plus he was at fault for the least amount of incompletions out of QBs being drafted

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/972204401157902336/photo/1

 

I mean more as a natural passer. 

In that category Rosen may be the best QB since Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe you guys will be sending that 65th pick back to us in a trade up to #4. ;)

I'm waiting for us to trade up to #1 and draft Barkley to be a backup to McCoy... It would be a Spiller situation all over again and I will cry lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.. When I heard mid round, I thought it would of been a 5-6th. What a good deal for Beane.

We're 100% moving up into top 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Picks 21, 22 and 65 works out to pick #4 so I am goo with that ;)

As a Browns fan, I will quite easily say no to this.  

I wonder why either team felt the need to make this deal before free agency started.  Oh well.  At least my Browns have a QB on the roster who has won an NFL game.  We haven't had that for a year or so.  

Pick 4??  21, 22, 2019 1st (or maybe both 2nds).  Not sure anyone is dealing out of the top 5 for less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice trade but ..... Taylor doesn't go for just pick.  There is another move looming.

You are getting Cousins, Foles or Keenum.  There is too much in place to push in for a top five pick.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Nice trade but ..... Taylor doesn't go for just pick.  There is another move looming.

You are getting Cousins, Foles or Keenum.  There is too much in place to push in for a top five pick.
 

If Taylor costs a 3rd, Foles is gonna cost a kings ransom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If Taylor costs a 3rd, Foles is gonna cost a kings ransom

It is the first pick in the third too. Yeah no. Want no part of Foles since the ask is at least a first and fourth. Nooooo thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It is the first pick in the third too. Yeah no. Want no part of Foles since the ask is at least a first and fourth. Nooooo thank you. 

Rumor has it that an AFC team offered him a 2nd. But apparently Eagles are asking for more than a 1st and a 4th... Eagles are going to have to come off that price at some point. The guy just won them a Superbowl, they are not going to punish him by making him sit on the bench. Eagles have two options. Trade him or start him. If they bench him that is a major slap in the face and says no matter what you do, you can not get ahead. Foles led them to to their first ever Superbowl victory and the ultimate goal for each team. Philly should be in his debt and be trying to get this guy on a field so he can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It is the first pick in the third too. Yeah no. Want no part of Foles since the ask is at least a first and fourth. Nooooo thank you. 

Agreed.

I don’t get how they can be asking this price. What are they gonna play hardball just to keep him as a back up this year and then he walks? You can ask for the house but when it comes down to it you take the best offer possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agreed.

I don’t get how they can be asking this price. What are they gonna play hardball just to keep him as a back up this year and then he walks? You can ask for the house but when it comes down to it you take the best offer possible.

I think their rational is they don't know for sure when Wentz will be healthy and the two of them cost peanuts. So unless an offer blows them away, why trade away the best insurance policy in the league. 

They could end up with a 3rd comp pick in 2020 if they lose him next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think their rational is they don't know for sure when Wentz will be healthy and the two of them cost peanuts. So unless an offer blows them away, why trade away the best insurance policy in the league. 

They could end up with a 3rd comp pick in 2020 if they lose him next season.

Yeah that has to be it, but still. That team is loaded either way. I’d sign Bradford or someone else really cheap to start a few games if Wentz is out. It was a torn ACL right? So at most he’d miss what? A month? They could easily go 2-2 or 3-1, hell maybe even 4-0 until Wentz gets back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, duke2056 said:

As a Browns fan, I will quite easily say no to this.  

I wonder why either team felt the need to make this deal before free agency started.  Oh well.  At least my Browns have a QB on the roster who has won an NFL game.  We haven't had that for a year or so.  

Pick 4??  21, 22, 2019 1st (or maybe both 2nds).  Not sure anyone is dealing out of the top 5 for less.  

The reason the Browns made the trade for tyrod and landry now is simple. This is showing free agents that the browns came to play this year and are not the same organization with Sachi playing moneyball. By bringing in a bridge qb and a guy like landry this will show other free agents that they are willing to spend and still have great picks in the draft to complete their offense. I am hoping Barkley at 1 and then you guys take darnold at 4. I do not see the browns making a move with those 2 picks I think they are happy with them and dont need more to build the squad. Being able to have gordon coleman and landry plus a guy like barkley, a rookie qb should flourish. With that said Tyrod will be your bridge likely play half a year and depending on where he takes you which is likely between 3-5 or 4-4 is when you start to see darnold getting playing time. I think this trade worked out for both teams. Bills can finally move on to get their franchise qb which they have been needing for 2 decades now. My hopes are showing Cousins what we have and what we can get with those picks to bring him to buffalo but majority on here want to package the picks to move up for rosen or mayfield. Either way I am just glad Tyrod isn't the qb next year as he was very frustrating to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys should sign Teddy and draft a QB too.

Although I love Nathan Peterman and secretly hope he's your Franchise QB. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×