Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, Green19 said:

A 21 year old QB that was a top 40 pick.

Kizer is 22, and he was the 52nd overall pick.  Randall is 25 and he was the 30th overall pick.

The Packers are top 2 in the league at QB.

The Packers are bottom 2 in the league at CB. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

We can only judge this on what we see. The Packers have given up on Hundley. After three years Hundley failed to deliver. The Packers decided to move on from Hundley. The Packers acquired Kizer ergo the Packers didn't like the veteran backup QB options in FA either. A veteran QB would have eaten a bunch of cap space. Kizer is on his rookie contract and will be a relatively cheap backup for some years.

As for Randall, he apparently didn't fit Petine's scheme and/or he was viewed as a potential locker room problem. MM said when he fired Dom that a culture change was needed on defense. (I think most of us agreed with that.) Culture can't be changed without changing the personnel. So far the change has been at the coaching level. Now they're moving on to the players. 

That said, did the Packers get enough for Randall? Probably not, but they got as much as they could get. Cutting him would get them nothing. I wonder what player(s) will be next? Clearly there will be a new culture on defense. 

I like this. But to a longer extent. It seems, seems anyways, they are going to greater lengths to correct things. This is good.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'd hope they aren't so soft to take it seriously. I'm just annoyed that's what we got for a starting corner. The world will go on. I'll live.

It might be obvious but I'm not a very PC guy lol

If I didn't really enjoy this site so much I wouldn't self censor...  It would be almost as funny and eight times as offensive.  

38 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

People are freaking out WAAAYYY too much over this even for this site lol.

I haven't even begun to freak out. I don't even dislike Kizer. I can't imagine if I didn't think he was could get better.

39 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I thought the site was fake, finally went there, the F*** you over him made me laugh more than it should have 

I'm already getting graphic design offers. I should put an email on the bottom that says contact me for web design lol. I might get yuuuge over this.

I like my defensive players fast, mean and aggressive. Get to the ball fast and make somebody pay.

Neither DR or Rollins were that guy.

King might be that guy - if he doesnt have lingering shoulder problems.

Josh Jones definitely will be that guy - if he can get his head and angles on straight. - he wants to hit people. 

Kendrell Brice is that guy - but he's misses too often.

HHCD could be that guy - if our DC puts his foot up his *** for motivation.

Colvin could be that guy.

#14 could be that guy.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm already getting graphic design offers. I should put an email on the bottom that says contact me for web design lol. I might get yuuuge over this.

Now when Gute makes a great move, make a "I'm gay for Gute" 

12 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Does anyone really think Randall would have been here in 2019? All signs point to that not being the case. So you gotta ask yourself was this trade worth one year of play (at best. Injuries...) from an up and down player. I didnt hate DR, and i dont love Kizer, but this trade strikes me as a good deal based on our likely future with DR.

Everyone complaining baout this trade makes it sound like DR was a pro bowler.

Probably not but we wouldn't be backed into a corner like we are now.  Given the garbage heap we've got at CB we now for the 3rd year in a row must spend that first pick on the position.  Also chances are good that if he did leave, the comp pick would be better than what we are getting from Cleveland.  I    just dont' feel that Kiezer is a NFL QB.  Dude had almost 2 turnovers a game last year and look as bad of a NFL QB as I've seen in a long long time.  His play was one of the biggest reasons that Browns teams went winless.

Randall wasn't a pro bowler but he was b y far our best CB last year.  We've got a dumpster fire back there with one guy who looks to have any business being on a NFL field consistently.  We're now going to need Rollins to develop into a starting NFL CB.

2 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

i don't mind it. i don't think randall is anything special. he's a solid corner, but i think those can be had.

good QB prospect, and now get higher picks in the 4th and 5th

The problem I have with this is, while solid corners can be found, the team has now put itself in the position of needing to find multiple solid CBs (if they weren't there already) while still addressing pass rush, WR, TE, and interior OL.  We are hoping for a lot of draft pick and FA hits out of an unknown GM.

Archived