Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Bingo. It's the compensation for Randall that I don't get

GB has 12 picks in the draft including multiple in the 4th/5th/6th rds. Go get your development QB with one of those boatloads of picks at that point.

Because the QB prospect worth having isn’t going to be available for 4ths and 5ths ... maybe?

Maybe to get a good QB prospect it requires a 1st or 2nd.

Maybe Green Bay saw a chance to buy low on a prospect they had very high.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Because the QB prospect worth having isn’t going to be available for 4ths and 5ths ... maybe?

Juuuust.....maybee... 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Ok and what's the plan? Develop him to trade him 2 yrs from now? The only way this makes sense is if they legit are grooming him to become the successor to Rodgers in a few years or something, which just sounds crazy to me.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I also think our staff is way way way way way way way way higher on kizer than you are.

I think for next season it is a lateral move at QB or potentially even a slight dip but Kizer has so much more potential then Hundley. We know what Hundley is, and it's not very good.

Kizer has shown things albeit in very small samples that Hundley just physically can't do.

I'd rather have him then another 4th round pick

11 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

. Go get your development QB with one of those boatloads of picks at that point.

Kizer's a better prospect than any but the top 6 QBs this year, IMO, like four or five of which are going to be first round picks.  Were you ready to spend pick #45 on Mason Rudolph?

If nothing else, the Jared Goff experience last year should provide sharp relief to the notion that sometimes you can have literally the worst rookie season at QB in NFL history and still turn out fine.

I'm the biggest Kizer fan on this Forum 

so I'm biased

But you'll love him he'll improve so much up there in GB

He has all the talent a great arm, great character, and showed hes got stuff while being on the worse team in the league

Hopefully you all won't have to see him for the next few years, but I'm telling you I promise he can be a very good starting QB in this league 

I'm sad to see him go good young kid has 5x the amount of Talent as Hundley 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Very possible, still think it's a very strange move unless you think Kizer is your QBOTF.

Trading away minimally a rotational CB for a Potential improvement at backup QB seems very very strange to me.

NFL teams tend to over react. This past year was the year of the back up. One won the Super Bowl over Tom Brady.

The whole talk was of if GB had one could they of made the playoffs... its offseason they probably put a high level of importance on improving that position.

Saw a chance to get young talent at the position.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I also think our staff is way way way way way way way way higher on kizer than you are.

Yeah.  Here's the main issue that I think AG and some others, and probably me are driving at:

1) We gave up Damarious Randall at OUR reduced discount evaluation of his value because we didn't like the scheme fit or the locker room fit.  If there's no extracurriculars going on, scheme neutral, just paper value:

• for a former 1st round corner (who could also play safety for any other NFL team with a need there) 
  • with 12 INTs in 3 years
  • and a 5th year option

he's worth more than the 190th pick in the draft (middle of the 6th round).  That was the draft pick compensation as per the chase stuart draft chart.

http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

2) We traded for Deshone Kizer at OUR increased evaluation of his value because we are apparently ga ga over him.  If there's no draft crush by Gute and team, Kizer, a former late 2nd round pick, is worth about a  6th/7th round pick after falling flat on his face and having one of the worst Rookie seasons in history.

So, put them together and the optics are that we gave up Randall for very little, yet at the same time didn't force the browns to give up their guy for his market value.  Instead, we paid more and got less.

Just now, Green19 said:

NFL teams tend to over react. This past year was the year of the back up. One won the Super Bowl over Tom Brady.

The whole talk was of fb had one could they of made the playoffs... its offseason they probably put a high level of importance on improving that position.

Saw a chance to get young talent at the position.

Just not sure how anybody looked at Kizer and thought "Super Bowl winning QB" now or in the future. 

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah.  Here's the main issue that I think AG and some others, and probably me are driving at:

1) We gave up Damarious Randall at OUR reduced discount evaluation of his value because we didn't like the scheme fit or the locker room fit.  If there's no extracurriculars going on, scheme neutral, just paper value:

• for a former 1st round corner (who could also play safety for any other NFL team with a need there) 
  • with 12 INTs in 3 years
  • and a 5th year option

he's worth more than the 190th pick in the draft (middle of the 6th round).  That was the draft pick compensation as per the chase stuart draft chart.

http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

2) We traded for Deshone Kizer at OUR increased evaluation of his value because we are apparently ga ga over him.  If there's no draft crush by Gute and team, Kizer, a former late 2nd round pick, is worth about a  6th/7th round pick after falling flat on his face and having one of the worst Rookie seasons in history.

So, put them together and the optics are that we gave up Randall for very little, yet at the same time didn't force the browns to give up their guy for his market value.  Instead, we paid more and got less.

Add to this we're now seriously bleeding at CB and you've got my point. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Kizer's a better prospect than any but the top 6 QBs this year, IMO.

I don't disagree but I mean unless the goal is to move on from Rodgers in a few years, the only reason to get a development QB is to simply trade them in a few seasons anyway with them hopefully never playing any meaningful games in GB.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Ok and what's the plan? Develop him to trade him 2 yrs from now? The only way this makes sense is if they legit are grooming him to become the successor to Rodgers in a few years or something, which just sounds crazy to me.

No you have him for 3 years.... who knows what that will bring. Rodgers could get hurt again. Maybe he becomes a liability because of injuries.

The important thing is getting talent right? Having too much talent at QB is a good thing. Let it play out, maybe he is the successor... maybe he is 2 2nd rounders in the future.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

No you have him for 3 years.... who knows what that will bring. Rodgers could get hurt again. Maybe he becomes a liability because of injuries.

The important thing is getting talent right? Having too much talent at QB is a good thing. Let it play out, maybe he is the successor... maybe he is 2 2nd rounders in the future.

Maybe he's exactly who he was this year and we gave up a rotational player at a high value position, and a position of need for a guy who won't be playing when things are going well and sucks when we need him. 

Archived